Paul Gilbert: Get Out of My Yard...

subversion

IECP-10061.jpg

Paul Gilbert: Get out of My Yard

After years of waiting, Paul Gilbert, well-known to the middle-aged among us for the ‘Addicted to that Rush’ riff or the incredible finger acceleration heard in his Racer X anthology, finally unleashed an all-instrumental album. Unlike his conformist days in Mr. Big, the numbers presented here are humour-injected, shred fodder.

If you are new to Paul Gilbert, Get Out of My Yard serves to be a very comprehensive introduction. Compiled here are 14 strictly instrumental tunes with Gilbert on electric guitar, accoustic & 12-string bass. Gilbert fans will appreciate his intentional amusement as this is the very element which diversifies his guitar technique albeit repeating certain formulation as part of his intriguing phrasing. The moods on offer are also diversified; shred frenzy opening track, lush, accoustic, Marine Layer, Niacin-esque Rusty Old Boat, bluesy Full Tank- structural differentiation aplenty.

All in all, a mersmerizing display of finger workout coupled with an entertainment value Paul Gilbert style. Get Out of My Yard is beyond stamping Gilbert’s authority in guitar competence; it’s an author’s mark of self-control.

Rating: 9/10

sqoobs said:
sub,

mind sharing with us where you bought the album?

HMV still have 2 left.

BTW, he delibrately speed-up the opening of the 1st track. Humanly impossible to play.

if you hurry, there still 2 copies @ Inokii... i wouldn't buy it @ HMV- super cut-throat price...

the opening track, Get Out of My Yard was indeed sped up, the trick had been employed in his The Guitars That Rule the World (1992) track, I Understand Completely.

pgilb_gr.jpg

subversion said:
if you hurry, there still 2 copies @ Inokii... i wouldn't buy it @ HMV- super cut-throat price...

the opening track, Get Out of My Yard was indeed sped up, the trick had been employed in his The Guitars That Rule the World (1992) track, I Understand Completely.

pgilb_gr.jpg

man! i got this cd too! so bloody long time ago!
should get it out sometime.

subversion said:

pgilb_gr.jpg

Hi,
where is Inokii???

cheers

subversion said:
Inokii: Level 3, Far East Plaza (confectionary row, after washroom).
I like the "after washroom" part.. Hahaha.. Don't forget to wash your hands before buying their stuff.. You'll leave a mark there.. Hahaha :D

ah wth only 2 copies left. if anyone knws where else i can get it at normal prices please let me know. hmv is like super ex

Back