Over Pricing of Zildjian Cymbals

BebopIggy

Hi all,

Recently, I had visited Yamaha and noticed that a 22" K Constantinople Medium Thin High Ride costs S$820. I think this is ridiculous! I heard from sales staff that Zildjian is going to increase the price by another 5% in the near future! What is Zildjian thinking of? I had previously purchase two K Constantinople Rides, a 20" Light Ride and a 22" Medium Ride, at S$500 and S$650 respectively. See the big difference between the two 22" rides?

What buffers me is that why the difference between a medium ride and a medium thin high ride? Zildjian is really reaping customers off. The manufacturing process for a Constantinople should be the same.

What you guys think?

There's a difference between the cymbals are made by both companies.

Anyway, I'm now looking at buying some Bosphorous cymbals by end of the year. Either the traditional, master or hammer series. Maybe buying two rides and a pair of hi-hats to begin with.

bosphorus is a good buy. the cymbal price could have gone up cause of the increase in price of raw materials. and i guess the constantinople isnt that valued for money since the price is so high. im going for a k custom dark, or a custom fast, or bosphorus

Yup, maybe. K Constantinople is a good buy but not for that kind of money. I'll price it above regular K and K Custom, but not that much. I'm glad I bought my K Constantinople rides last year. These rides are beautiful!

Ziljian is a big set-up cymbal company... need mega money to maintain. Bosphorus is a small set-up... low maintenace cost... check out the place... http://www.cymbalsonly.com/cymbals/Bos/factory/bos_visit.htm

Hope it will stay that way and make the big boys have a run for their money.

Check out the 22" Original Ride($320) , 20" Versa Flat Ride($365) and 18" New Orleans Crash($208). Was told by Accent that drummers in USA are ordering through Accent as it is much economical... 8)

haha yeah man. i will get bosphorus next.. i just fear no more stock.. haha.. erm zildjian up the price or yamaha up the price? haha think bout it

should be zildjian. yamaha cant up the price for no reason. they're not so stupid. as i said the raw material cost is going up

Oh well, increase in prices has always been goin on in the industry. Sabian caused an uproar when a price increase was conducted couple of years back and jus 2 months ago, a 5% increase by Paiste is implemented, which is not the first time for Paiste and Zildjian either. So ya, it goes within the industry.

joshie said:
should be zildjian. yamaha cant up the price for no reason. they're not so stupid. as i said the raw material cost is going up

And it wun be Yamaha. Normally it will be direct from the company itself to pass it down to the retailers and distributors.

i think we have to blame drum_hobbyist for the increase in price. see la you buy so many of their cymbals till their business booms. now they have the guts to keep increasing price. hahahah

I don't buy Zildjians... by right should thank me for introducing Bosphorus as an alternative to Zildjians... better buy them now in good price just in case the Americans buy over Bosphorus as it is gaining popularity in the USA...

I think it's really ridiculous, because you're now just paying for the name. The constantinoples that i checked out at Yamaha were so inferior compared to older ones. cept maybe for that 22inch light ride...

i dunno wads happening. zildjian QC going out of control? head over to nigel's shop instead for instanbul rides that blow those constantinoples out of the water.

did you even read up? i said the price of raw materials is going up! and i agree the constatinople isnt exactly the greatest cymbal

Back