opinions on marshall mg30cd amp

shokakukai

i thought of getting a new practise amp for my next upgrade. could also be using the amp for school and small venue gigs. im looking for an amp which i can play alternative, rock, prog and death metal.

looking for that crunchy, middy tone. and with my experiences with using marshall amps, i think it does the job well haha.

sooo any opinions on its clean and overdrive channel? and how it sounds with pedals? haha

please do not think that anything slapped with the name "marshall" means it will be good. its a common misconception by so many ppl.

the mg series has decent cleans, but a very weak and thin drive.no way u're going to get death metal tones from it. with the amount of money u pay for it, u can get much better solid state amps. Marshall makes good tube amps, but their solid states and even hybrids fall way short of the marshall benchmark. they are taking advantage of the brand name to suck players into thinking that anything with the marshall name is good.

i would strongly recommend u stay away from the mg series. and trust me. everyone will recommend u roland cube..

I started with the MG30 in 2000. My personal opinion on the amp, is reflected by dudelove's post.

Get an amp with a good clean tone, then from there use pedals to mold the tone that you want.

it is more objective to address our 'upgrade' intentions by reviewing our needs- does our next amp give us a more appealing tone/ performance than our previous unit? we often relate to brand names as a justification of our upgrades which isn't quite the right thing to do.

Either you can save up more and get a cheaper tube amp or you can try Roland cubes as dudelove said.. If loud volume isn't so much of concern then I would recommend a tube amp.. such as Epiphone Valve Jr or Blackheart 5..

Back