Next-Gen Gaming: Project Natal. This will DESTROY WII!!!

growlingsoulpup

Okay, I don't know if you guys have heard of Project Natal, but it promises to be the future of gaming. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_txF7iETX0

What is Project Natal? Only motion sensing, voice recognition, facial recognition and tactile interface all packed into one console, the Xbox 360. Effectively means you can play games the same way Tom Cruise scrolled through the holograms in Minority Report. How lovelovelovelovelovelovelove cool is that?

I know some people will be skeptical, but they already unveiled the technology at various gaming conferences last year and feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. I'm no gamer but I can't wait for this! It'll be legen--wait for it...

Wow that is so cool! But i wouldnt want to play racing games on that, its like no actual feeling of the car.

If this is for real, I foresee many injuries from people with no spatial awareness. Also, they look ridiculous holding imaginary joysticks. And the imaginary pit stop? Yay I unscrew bolts in virtual reality! >_> But it is very cool, hopefully it doesn't fail like Tony Hawk RIDE did.

Finally the answer to making the country less crowded.I can see people staying at home getting hooked on it.

haha nice one Dime! Hmm i was about to get a Wii... lol. o wells.

speaking about Wii, i already have trouble having the console detect my controller, resulting in massive shoulder aches and wrist pains when i play cooking mama.

i wonder if this actually has a sensor good enough to avoid having such complications..

It looks like you need at minimum a bungalow to play this. This is bound to cause injuries when the player plays as goalkeeper and tries to save a ball.

Hmm, honestly speaking, Project Natal can bring about many possibilities, but what about the publishers? If the publishers do not produce games that would make full use of the system, then of what use is it?

Another question I would ask Microsoft, and it would be whether Microsoft would make Natal their primary way of gaming? Look at what the Wii did for motion-sensor gaming, but it is only because they insisted on using the Wii-mote as the primary controller, with the traditional gamepad as the secondary controller, that motion-sensor gaming caught on.

If Microsoft is still going to unleash a next-gen console which fails to make Natal as its primary controller, then publishers would not bother investing much money into making games that would make full use of Natal. Consumers may think its a optional add-on, and many would not even buy it (since they can do without it) and the investment Microsoft put into it would be rendered useless.

Well at least don't have to put plexi glass to protect your 42" from flying Wii remotes.. :rolleyes:

Anyways it seems to be a bold concept but ain't probably going to work so well now.

Look at Windows voice recognition..

Old_computer.jpg

PC>Console anyday imo. But console produced good ol' classics.

It's not gonna released for a next-gen console, but instead a complementary device for the Xbox 360. You're right about how Microsoft wants to market it: it'll heavily depend on how much publicity you give this. Since it's already garnered a substantial amount of buzz online though I think gaming and technology mags will give it quite a bit of publicity.

Definitely, there are possibilities for this to be an epic fail. Even if the gaming console doesn't work out, though, I think the technologies they've developed for this are gonna have major repercussions. The headset-less voice recognition system for one: think of how useful that'd be when put into service for the paralytic market. And the motion sensing technology could KILL when coupled with the Sixth Sense technology posted by Cheez in another thread!

Back