need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dilahk

i need help........

pls reconmend me a few good pedals which would turn into a whole pedal board

maybe you like to list out the pedals that you have tried? how you feel about them?

fellow SOFTies will then comment on your findings?

* also, please put in some effort to name your title properly to reflect the content of your post. imagine the forum filled with "need help" as title!!!

What soft said is true, be a little more specific. Wat type of genre you play? Go to peninsula plaza and in the basement there are many guitar shops with all sorts of pedals. Try a few out!

i need help also. someone donate money, lots of money so i can get rich. :roll:

dilahk - i'll help u here. find out what u want first. go to bossus.com and listen to all the different types of sounds made by the pedals, then go to www.google.com and search out lots of guitar pedal websites. Read up all related posts on the Guitar Gear Sticky.

Link to Guitar Gear Sticky

Help yourself first, then when things are really out of your locus of control, seek help. Then good, informative, precise help will eventually come.

It's easy for one to get caught up in the weird and wonderful world of effects. But you seem like someone who isn't that experienced yet. Maybe you should concentrate more on playing the guitar properly. Get more experience, then slowly you will find this or that lacking in your sound, then try to find the effect to add it in.

If you are already a good player, but just new to effects, then why not go into a shop, and try them out. You can go to luther's, they are extremely friendly and will let you try out every pedal for as long as you like, even if you don't buy them. They'll probably explain how they work and chat with you too.

Yeah, no point rushing.
If you are thinking inside, "damn, it seems like all good guitarist have an array of pedals, I'd better try and keep up", then you are off.

Pedal acquiring should be natural process, when you find that you have exceeded a certain level and you feel the need to expand your sound, to explore. You would know specifically what is your 'sound', and what you are seeking, instinctively, naturally.

:wink:

yeah..........

well im into aniting from rock-metal........

so far i hav a morley pro(dist,vol,wah),marshall jackhammer.........

also wanna find out abt the difference abt a 1 spot adaptor n normal adaptors.........

what do u mean normal adaptors?? can't really explain the difference unless u give more details... suggestion from me would be, since u already have a lorley pro and jackhammer, mayb a digital delay or reverb to add more dimension to your sound, giving it more presence and an eq pedal.. thats about all u need for a basic setup...

From http://www.visualsound.net/1spot.htm:

A 1 SPOT is the original 9V adapter that only takes up 1 Spot on an outlet strip or wall outlet. It solves an annoying problem that people have complained about for years!

-Only takes up ONE position on your outlet strip or wall outlet!!
-Handles from one to over twenty guitar pedals (1700mA max!)
-New heavy duty output cable!
-Use with optional multi-plug cable(s) for powering more than one pedal.
-Guaranteed to work with any equipment that uses one of the following adapters (over 90% of the effects pedals on the market!):
-Boss PSA, Boss ACA, Danelectro DA-1, DOD PS-200R, Dunlop ECB-03, Ibanez AC-109, Korg A30950, Morley 9V, Zoom AD-0006.**
-With new converter plugs, the 1 SPOT will work with virtually ANY 9V pedal! ...even Line 6 modeling pedals! **
-Will even convert international voltage (100V-240V) automatically; no transformer needed!
-3 meter (10') cable is almost twice as long as other adapter cable

A good non-multi efx won't come cheap. But here's one which I think is a realistic goal, esp when u go 2nd hand.

Power supply: 1 Spot
Overdrive: Bad Monkey
Distortion: Sansamp GT2
Delay: Line 6 Echo Park
Wah: Mark Tremonti Power Wah or Vox V847

IMO, these are the core pedals to get for your starting setup. After that can add whatever kind of effects that you think you will use.

Why are you guys being so nice to a person who doesn't even put in minimal effort on his part?

He even totally ignored soft's comment abt his title.

Sheesh. :roll:

ShredCow said:
Why are you guys being so nice to a person who doesn't even put in minimal effort on his part?

Why aren't you being nice to a person just cause he makes minimal effort?

Hehehe.

So yea. I agree with the Sansamp GT-2. However if you're doing alot of LEADS, you might wanna invest in some delay. Also a compressor for your clean tone, if you do play alot of cleans.

*scratch head... i thought sansamp GT2 is suppose to be an amp modeller or DI box of some sort?? why would u use it for distortion???

plz enligthen me.. haha

BTW Lifehouse, all ur basic core unit isnt tht basic.. its quite expensive... and maybe abit overkill if a person doesnt know wat he is looking for..

part_time_idiot said:
*scratch head... i thought sansamp GT2 is suppose to be an amp modeller or DI box of some sort?? why would u use it for distortion???

plz enligthen me.. haha

BTW Lifehouse, all ur basic core unit isnt tht basic.. its quite expensive... and maybe abit overkill if a person doesnt know wat he is looking for..

the sansamp GT2 is an amp modeller, and it simulates quite well the distortion you get from different kinda amps. Say you want a thick and crushing Marshall tone, or a searing face-peeling distortion a la Mesa Boogie, the GT2 can approximate that kinda sound. so, Lifehouse suggested it as a distortion pedal.

true on your other point, some of the pedals suggested are not basic. GT2 is quite an expensive starter distortion pedal. My advice for basic distortion is the ubiquitous Boss DS-1

let the thread starter make some effort on researching on what is out there before we post up the A-Z list of what's out there, AGAIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back