Need help with Ableton Live Lite

Dale

Anyone experianced with that software?

i need help with mixing. i tried putting the reverb effect on my guitar tracks. but it doesnt sound right. I know ppl would ask me to experiment with it, but yea i did but still cant get a nice sound.

Can anyone give me some example on how to adjust the reverb settings? or maybe other effects or anything....

The reverb in Ableton is an algorithmic reverb. My advice is to read the manual and understand how it works. The manual is quite comprehensive in explaining the various controls.

As to how to use it creatively, try setting a smaller size and a 10-15ms predelay with a shorter decay time from 500ms to 1s for a more focused reverb. Do remember to adjust the dry/wet settings to your liking.

All that said, maybe what you are looking for is a spring reverb sound which is more commonly used with guitars. Try looking up a free spring reverb vst on kvr

listen to squarehero's advice, he knows what he's talking about

you can also read up on the different types of reverb settings and other effects settings used by your favourite guitarists e.g. overdrive, flanger, phaser, chorus, delay - these will apply to almost any software effects that you use

Back