need help(pick ups)

dilahk

need help.........

i wanna change my pick ups.....

i know can go shop....but wanna do myself.......

help?????msg me at90032141(ur help is appretiated) :D

hey

thanks for replying..........

i want to know how to take out,unwire,then install new ones........

First very important step is to make a correct diagram to where all the different wires should go. Then double check. Then triple check. This is your safety net if for some reason the new pups refuse to function properly you can still go back to the old ones.

There's not much to installing new pickups if you can read the schematics and solder properly! If not please do yourself a favour and get them changed by a tech. Request to watch so you can learn, then subsequent times DIY.

ive never really seen someone so lazy and cheap abt all this. sorry to be so direct but in all honesty city hall isnt far and theres little chance ud get someone to do it for 5 bucks. if ur guitar is even worth a dime to u then get someone with experience to do it up.

ya lor so lazy la! dont want find out and expect ppl to get paid $5 for such a job! c'mon be more realistic la

haha shredcow i never meant to sound that mean actually but id never expect to see one such post of this extent. wat next? a buyer wanting a gibson with a budget of $100?

I saw this BOY posting at luther selling his items and as well as looking for some items also. He's looking for epi pickup. So I inform my friend who's selling the epi pickup. When my friend show me the sms between him and the boy, all I can say is that this boy is a waste of time.

Firstly he asked my friend whether the sale includes installation. My friend agree to do the installation for him at my friends place. He then asked my friend to teach him how to do pickup replacement. Again my friend agree to show him how to do the replacement. Then he tell my friend he wasn't sure whether to buy the pickup from my friend. My friend leave it at that and live happily ever after.

When my friend thought that he can live happily ever after, came the last sms from this boy. Here is what he wrote.
"Dude..pls teach me how 2 take out and install pickup"

Cheers everyone.Sorry for the long post.

actually the only problem lies at the 5 dollar, at least to me. It will be MUCH better if he ask for free help. Anyway to threadstarter: just unscrew and look at the wires, draw diagram, and do special marking if there is 2 same coloured wire. Anything can pm me, i will try my best. Where is yr location, im on west side, if your near me, i dun mind going there to help over. Anyway i will be there to guide, so be sure to sit beside me alright and nt leave everything to me alright?

Its not JUST the 5 dollars. Its the lazyiness. Pathetic! City Hall is FAR.

Tinted, its nice of you to be nice, but make it a one off thing. Otherwise, you'll get burnt out and discouraged really quick.

how do U know the new pups U bot will match impedence wise, tone wise etc? There's a lot more than jus unsoldering / soldering wires whenreplacing pups... 8)

fgl: I don't get you, if the pickups he'd already bought are not matched in terms of impedance and output. Then there's no tech in the world who can alter the output and tone with just a soldering iron, be it beez or anyone else.

Ridiculous threads like this soliciting for cheap labour are an insult to both the originator and members around here.

City hall sure is far, dilahk you live in kota tinggi?

Wah. You guys fierce sia. After he said city hall far I was like @#$%^!!

Now I guess I understand why NS exist. Because Tekong is further than city hall and it's a logic that must be imprinted in the brain of all Singaporeans.

Tinted: I think you should ask him take a hike la. There are many others with better attitude and spirit who would love to learn how to change pups.

Back