need help . . . muddy sound? playing fast problem

NoiZe

how do u guys play fast sound? when i play fast it sound like lots of note chunk together and it sound horrible. this happen eps when i set my tone control on my guitar to max, now i muz set to min but still can hear. im not too sure whether izzit my settings or something, im using a super crappy sx bass amp. yeah. i wonder it gotta do with my amp settings, or my amp sux or my playing. btw my amp settings all those i set to 0 also got the same problem

NoiZe, maybe you like to re-title your post to reflect your question better?

it is hard to identify a post when it is titled "need help..."

lower your gain, up your treble and midrange.

then work on your playing... remember to play REALLY slow. else you'll just trip over the notes and they'll sound muddy and undefined.

muddy -> can also be because of your bass.

what equipment are you using?

and what riffs are you playing?

im using my friend yamaha rbx 374. he told me its a pretty good bass. for the amp its the louya one, its a sx amp. no gain no treble it says

high, mid-high,mid-low, low

i tried playing this
F#||------------------------------------|------------------------------------||x3
C#||------------------------------------|------------------------------------||
G#||------------------------------------|------------------------------------||
D#||----3--0----3---3-5-----3--0--3--0--|----3--0----3--3--5-----3/5--/3-0---||

but it end up sound pretty awful, totally unlike the real version. maybe becos im playing alone or something? hm. . .

What the hell are those arcane numbers and lines? muahaha

try playing the same line slower and really nail it. Then faster and faster. Not suddenly top speed. Good luck.

high=treble
low=bass
mid=er... mid? haha

lows determine how boomy it'll sound, mids determine its punchiness, and highs define its clarity. it's somehow diff from your tone pot on your bass guitar.

Since you're tuning that low (D#), and the riff is on the lowest string, try cutting the low frequency and boost a bit of the high. And try putting a compressor to your rig, if you have one. It helps to tighten up the sound.

What the heck am I talking about? You're tuning to D#, which is Eb, which is jsut half a step down standard tuning....man...my mind is not in the right place...

arcane numbers and lines..lol

anyway tone is mostly in ur fingers. try playing it with a pick it will help to boost clarity (a little) but that's like cheating. haha

other than that, try out the options mentioned up in the prev posts..

0.0 finally discovered my problem, my fretting finger release too fast and thus produce more vibration woo. getting better now, trying to learn sweet child of mine now :D btw i tried to use 2 fingers style, i dunno izzit im doing it a wrong way or something, then my middle got some kind of blister now. like a bubble in my skin, juz broke it while playing, quite painful if i still pluck with my middle finger now

haha. sweet child of mine and most GnR songs nice to start with. challenge urself with some rhcp songs.. californication's not bad for starters too. =)

NoiZe said:
im using my friend yamaha rbx 374. he told me its a pretty good bass. for the amp its the louya one, its a sx amp. no gain no treble it says

high, mid-high,mid-low, low

i tried playing this
F#||------------------------------------|------------------------------------||x3
C#||------------------------------------|------------------------------------||
G#||------------------------------------|------------------------------------||
D#||----3--0----3---3-5-----3--0--3--0--|----3--0----3--3--5-----3/5--/3-0---||

but it end up sound pretty awful, totally unlike the real version. maybe becos im playing alone or something? hm. . .

looks like "Spice of Life" from BECK anime haha

just get comfortable with the instrument in general, do some chromatic runs or scales to get limbered up and you'll find yourself doing fast lines easier.

Back