WTS: Breedlove Stage Dread CE (w. upgrades)

loldude333

Have a Breedlove Stage Dread CE with 2 upgrades - a LR Baggs Anthem SL & premium FMI saddle preinstalled (both worth $550 total). This model is rare & discontinued. Won't necessarily appreciate in price as its not a collector's item, but it represents a piece of history since Breedlove no longer makes dreads after their big body Concerto model was released.

This guitar sounds big and nice as a dreadnought should, with a deep resonant bass, because it is made with the classic combo of a solid Sitka Spruce top & solid Indian Rosewood back & sides. However, they have managed to give it a very nice articulate voice when fingerpicked - hear it to believe. Its not easy to find at this price point. Also has very tastefully done mother-of-pearl soundhole inlay, herringbone binding and MoP fretboard inlays. Neck is mahogany, satin finished with the right balance of chunk & slim, and the fretboard and bridge are Indian Rosewood. Oh, and it is a PINLESS BRIDGE, so string changes are easy!

Here is a YouTube video for reference, if you wanna know what she sounds like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM_7lOZzK3U

In my words, she has the upper range clarity of a Taylor (but with different overtones; less shimmery but also very pleasing) and a tight, focused but very present low end. Her midrange frequencies sing.

Do note that the stock pickup has been replaced. If you are fussy, my model (a later release) DOES NOT have that ugly tailpiece for the battery as seen in the video - just a regular, nondescript strap-pin/jack combo.

This guitar been regularly dehumidified, cleaned and oiled, so you won't find major nicks, scratches, dirt buildup, fretboard dryness or bridge lifting. Fret life is still excellent. There is some minor lacquer lifting at the headstock (I will show you privately) but it does not affect playability nor durability one bit. Consulting with experts, they tell me that there are 3-5 layers of lacquer on a headstock like that and only the top layer has slightly come off; the wood is in zero danger.

It was also set up by Jarvis of The Guitar Spa, so you know it plays super buttery and smooth. Pickup has been optimised using no less than 3 output sources - 2 line level for live sound and 1 for recording.

I will throw in a super heavy duty Fusion F1 case in orange. It has been used but not abused, still in good condition and will take quite a beating (not that it has ever been near one). Was $190 brand new.

I'm selling it to fund another purchase. Spent a total of $1800 on it including the case. Price negotiable if you are nice, and can deal fast. Looking at $1200 total. Can take $100 of if you don't want the case.

Contact eight1two3nine4three0

Back