Name your dream bass

warwickw ... hardcore setup man .. here's mind ...

Michael Tobias Design - MTD 535

Ash body with Burl Maple top
Wenge neck with rosewood fingerboard.

I'm sticking with the stock stuff they have on it ... all good stuff though, custom barts with hipshot bridge and tuners. Buzz Feiten tuning system. woot!

Deluxe 5 Warmoth fretless
Ash body with either burl maple or spalted maple top. Preferbly amber
MM-J configuration

Wenge neck with ebony fingerboard.

Hipshot gold tuners and A style bridge with string through body option

Audere Audio 3-band preamp. =P

Yamaha BBN5A (which i already have)

Yamaha TRB1006 or TRB6II or TRB6 ... either one ...

if i get the TRB1006 i'll mod it upside down.

Heh after all it's a dream bass, dun think I can afford such a custom bass in reality =p

I used to like (and own one too) the Yamaha BBN5A, which I though was pretty nice touch, until I tried a warrior soldier 5, feels much nicer, but of course the price is a bomb compared to yamaha.

Actually I think elrick basses are pretty nice to play too, just that I dun really fancy the shape of the headstock though...

Slash04 said:
-speaking of being able to afford, to what extent is the "amp can make a shitty bass sound good" true? Cos if that's the case, i'd rather invest on a beast of a rig than anything. Haha!

a good preamp and DI can make your bass sound much much better.

Slash04 said:
Warwick's headstock is the most beautiful ugly lump of wood ever to exist.

warwick looks a bit like spector from far. in fact, warwick copied spector's design for their streamer. that's y they look quite similar.

i believe the streamer design is licensed by warwick. best wick design out there imo. just need to get a good p bass and a wick streamer 5 std and i'll probably be happy until i can afford a nordie haha.

seanydon said:
Hmmm... No one mentioned McCartney's famous Hofner 500/1 Violin bass yet...

That's old school man... I don't think that bass quite fit in today's context anymore... Though i could be wrong.. Imagine a pop punk band having their bassist playing that... Pwnage..

Back