Name a few things you play when you pick up your guitar

fenderrules

Well for me, I would do this short warm up from JP's rock discipline which are the ascending and descending mirror arpeggios (they're quite fun to play!)

Would do this "Nemesis" sounding tremolo picking riff which i made up when i started to learn how to pick fast. It still stuck to my muscle memory and can't ever forget it.

Tons of galloping combined with skip muting (a combination of string skipping and muting) riffs which utilizes the harmonic and natural minor scale patterns.

A full ascending and descending natural/harmonic minor shred with some slight pentatonic bends here and there. Some crappy D minor sweeping with a even crappier 5 string sweep attempt on some parts of the fretboard. (prefabably higher up)

Rain by Trivium lol.

Rain by Trivium lol.

wahhh, Rain.:twisted:

i warm up by going 1-2-3-4 from the low E string all the way to the high E string by alternate picking it. so i get some stretching done, warm up my picking hand and get my fingers moving at the same time.

I play the major and pentatonic scale, up and down, to warm up my fingers. After that, I have my fun.

For acoustic, I'll do the same.. Major and pentatonic scale, especially since soloing and leads on acoustic are more difficult than on electric. Bigger neck, etc.. And my acoustics have fairly high action (personal preference)!

i'll play air on a g string, that classical piece to check my tuning, then some riffs, attempt to sweep and then play the solos which ive learnt before and try to play it cleaner each time

normally i would do the major and minor scale..all the 12 scales in all positions and then i would do them in fourths-ascending and descending...
then in thirds-ascending and descending

...all in the comfort in a pair of Renomas....hehehe

i warm up by going 1-2-3-4 from the low E string all the way to the high E string by alternate picking it. so i get some stretching done, warm up my picking hand and get my fingers moving at the same time.

same here! after that i do string skipping and legato or sequencing.

the first thing i play when i touch the guitar is usually an A chord. with overdrive. then followed by a D and a G.. the typical AC/DC chords

with ibanez guitar, i play harmonics with divebombs. then whatever i want. bad habit not to stretch my fingers first.

with lespaul, play knockin on heavens door solo. then some "blues".

Pick up the guitar,

Love ain't no stranger by Whitesnake

AC/DC Rock N' Roll Train.

so on so forth

Burn - Deep Purple

and other hard rock - heavy stuff.

^

Cheers! Bring back classic rock! My ultimate fun is playing AC/DC influenced riffs. Mostly open chords with simple leads in between. And with loads of distortion. A particular riff I like is the opening riff to Poison's 'Fallen Angel'. Simple but very fun to play. Another one is AC/DC's 'Highway to hell'.

Waaahhh classic rock khaki gathering ahhh...

Somehow i kinda feel left out lol..

Okay loh, sometimes I will bust out some classic Metallica or Iron Maiden riffs.

....Classic what, metal only..

ehehe..

:lol:

Back