My band is looking for opportunity to play in a bar or pub for free

Jack Maccha

Dear Owners / Managers of bars, restaurants or pubs

We are the easy going jazzy-pop band, consisted with 5 members.
Singer, guitar, bass, keyboard and drum.

We mainly play jazzy pops.
We are not heavy and loud band.
We are more into smooth and rhythm musics.

We are looking for an opportunity to play in a bars, pubs or any restaurants, hotel or malls.

We are quite confident on our band quality to provide the satisfactory music to your needs.

We are willing to play for free, but all the equipment need to be arranged.

Please let us know if anybody needs or is looking for a band.

My e-mail address is japansing83@gmail.com

Thank you

Hi, as a favor to all musicians, I ask that you reconsider playing for free. Consider doing a simple video recording of your band playing together and submit your video to people. When they do contact you, it means you guys are good and deserve to be compensated for the amount of self-practice, rehearsing together, expenses for studio rental and transportation costs. Unless you are talking about open mic, than a simple google search will bring up a list of possible venues for open mic session. Otherwise, stop doing harm to yourself and to all fellow musicians.

agree. there are many charity organisations who are in need of free services to cheer them up. Also same exposure if that is what u looking for.
I believe there are some establishments in town who go open mic on certain days to give exposure to anybody. You can do a search, so as not to appear as advertisement :)
All the best non the less.

Dear Sirs

Thank you so much for the message and I am truly truly sorry for my reckless posting.
I never meant to jeopardize the music industries in Singapore.

We have our own jobs (not as a musicians) and we are not also professional to earn any money.
At least, this is what I feel.
But, we have the passion and I just wanted to demonstrate, perform and share with the audience and people how we enjoy the music.

We totally understand your concerns and I am here to lay my deepest apology to you.

It is not about the money, but as you know, I am very new to Singapore and I have no idea how I can get into the performing the gig.
Can you please help me on how we can take the first step?
Perhaps, you know anybody who have the key to connect us to those gigs?

Once again, I am so sorry.

Thank you so much for the message.

Hey Jack, you might want to try open mic nights at Molly Malone's. It happens every Saturday night, I was told. Just turn up with your musicians and your instruments and they should be able to hook you guys up. Might need to queue for your turn though.

Jazz wise, you can also try getting in touch with Blu Jaz Cafe (check out their website) for a spot to play perhaps?

Am trying to get new venues to host open mic for musicians such as yourself because I, like you, am having a full time job but also passionate about the music (though only for hobby). Whilst I respect and totally understand there are musicians who would like to earn something out of their craft, there is still a small number of us who will do anything for a spot on the stage, and I totally get that. I do, on and off, get requests from venues to find bands or musicians for paid gigs too and I gladly share it amongst the music community I manage :) .

In any case, I hope the tips I gave there will help you find a slot to play somewhere! Do look out for updates on my fb community group for more open mic opportunities too!

Happy New Year everyone, cheers!

Back