MXR Phase 90 mods - DIY?

there's a lot of mods you can do with the phase 90. ALOT. my phase 90 has been very very abused by me. but i'm really loving it. i'll try to see if i can go home and find my mod sheet for ya.

betsybug, looks like its just that - sniping off a leg.

Give it a shot - its nothing simple solder skills can't resolve.

"i'll try to see if i can go home and find my mod sheet for ya."

that will be most appreciated!

Cow, that's good to know. Wonder if there's a way to "bypass" those resistors, almost like with a flick of a switch. So, you lose nothing.

Oh yeah, kinda related, any views here on Small Stone (nano) vs MXR Phase 90? Not much info on soft - I checked.

Hmm, Mr Goose, that page is actually in my bookmarks already - very good info on all the Stone pedals. What I was asking for specifically was SS vs Phase90, and more specifically the opinions of softies (coz I have some idea of user reviews elsewhere) who have compared the two. Global is nice but oftentimes local is more relate-able.

Cup Noodles? No, SPAM (the meat kind) is the invention of the century! :mrgreen: All together now - Monty Python's SPAM song

Oh yeah, kinda related, any views here on Small Stone (nano) vs MXR Phase 90? Not much info on soft - I checked.

Well.

You got a Phase 90 right?

Best to go to a guitar shop and try them side by side.

The differences are obvious in terms of sound. Also, I find the phase 90 does a better job emulating a "wah" pedal and generally more pleasing for dirt. I thought the SS nano was nice for cleans but lacked the depth/complexity (basically the dirty-ness) of the p 90.

"Wonder if there's a way to "bypass" those resistors, almost like with a flick of a switch. So, you lose nothing"

the link to the mod has a pic to the above thingy. Both are the same in term of function, but just using different switch

if wanna change it to caps instead of resistor(for the cap removal mod), those switch will be usefull as well.

phase90r28switch.gif

Back