motu 828mkII

sad to say. nope.

the others can try and bring it in for you but might not be cheaper though.

sinamex price not too expensive lah. S$1,600.00 listed on their website. Maybe can discount a little?

Getting Victor on the phone at multimedia studio is next to impossible. Better email him.

Thanks for the info! Mightily appreciated. Was kind of hoping some shop in sim lim square would have it stocked and could just walk in. $1.6K is kind of expensive from a util/cost perspective, plus sinamex doesn't have one in stock right now. An edirol fa101 would cost a few hundred less, as would a firepod. But those don't really run on win2k, plus there's no distributor for edirols.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

the singapore market is quite small. so when some companies says "we sell motu", it actually means, "i can get one for you from the other shop". :wink:

Actually i did sign up on the jrr site. There's also a deal out there that'll ship the m-audio firewire 1814 with a luna mike as well for like 599USD, just in case anyone else is looking for the same things.

Yeah 749USD translates to 1250SGD. A 20% charge on shipping and tax puts it in at 1.5.

soft: heheh yeah i figured that out before thanks to frequent trips to SLS and looking at how other businesses operate. It always seems that everyone is a reseller. I really wonder how well the business is going.

veganbleu said:
Thanks for the info! Mightily appreciated. Was kind of hoping some shop in sim lim square would have it stocked and could just walk in. $1.6K is kind of expensive from a util/cost perspective, plus sinamex doesn't have one in stock right now. An edirol fa101 would cost a few hundred less, as would a firepod. But those don't really run on win2k, plus there's no distributor for edirols.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Found a local dealer for Edirol but their prices seems a little steep.
http://store.brooklyn-media.com/

I mean c'mon $1038 for the Edirol FA101?? Perhaps, they not aware that you can buy one for les than S$850 in LONDON (after tax refund) from Digital Village ( http://www.dv247.com/icat/48 ). Yes, an Asian product that is cheaper in Europe. Learn something new everyday.

Hmmm, that sounds like a very good deal. I checked up on audiomidi about 800SGD without shipping and gst. It's actually quite frustrating to encounter all these silly pricing irregularities viz a viz local dealers. It's not as if their customer support will be any better than foreign websites.

I know what you mean. I was in London just 2 weeks ago and although it is a VERY EXPENSIVE city, there are still bargains to be had eg bought a end of line Novation KS-Rack for about slightly below S$750 (after tax refund).

The Edirol may be cheaper in the USA but part of teh reason is that US dollar is weak now while the pound is super strong (abot $3 to 1 pound). The fact that a mega expensive like London sells a Japanese product cheaper than in Singapore is a very BIG joke.

Back