Monitor speakers: Edirol MA-7A Stereo Micro Monitor

jeremyspk

Hi guys,
I'm a composer/arranger hope-to-be and 've been doing songs and mixing them down using a DAW at home.
I've been using ATH-m40 (flat response) headphones to do mixes.. and yeah using my apple earphones to "verify" my mix-downs. (and i know it's not exactly cool).

And so after much "pushing" from Soft, I've decided to get myself a budget-end monitoring speakers.

Anyone used Edirol MA-7A Stereo Micro Monitor?
It's affordable for a student like me :D but what will I expect from this pair?

* i can't afford pro equipment, at least, not now. Still got quite a couple of stuffs need me to purchase.. :p so yeah, keep recommendation around that $200-300

Thank you~

Last edited:
Hey Dude,
so u lookin for a right monitor ? well for tight budget i suggest u get the M-audio AV 40 studio monitor retail at $295 @ Sinamex.. i tried that monitor and it sounds pretty good.. i thought of gettin one of those when i started my home based recording studio late last year but after a few test.. i find out that the Alesis M1 Active monitor sounds better from my opinion with more Punchy whooping sound and it cost bout a $100 more.. so i ended up goin for Alesis.. but hey, that doesn't mean the M-audio speaker wasn't good u know.. haha.. if u doin rec at a small room space, the M-audio is the speaker to go.. but if u doin it on a big spacey room, i think it wasn't that powerful enough.. so yeah.. settle for a Lower range M-audio monitor instead for ur room..

Rayza

Subwoofer ? to be honest with u, i dont even think u need one for a Small Room Studio cos we talkin bout a Studio monitor speakers and not the normal Hi Fi speaker.

i bet if u try one at any local retailers for Studio monitor im sure u get what i mean.. the bass Is more punchy then ur normal speakers and for ur info, dont just listen to the Bass when u look for one.. cos u gotta look for the overall sound too e.g highs & Mid how it balance the overall outcome of ur music but dealing wit this kinda Monitors u need to have a mixer or any Audio interface to connect the Monitor. there's some that comes with USB powered such as "SAMSON"..

but professionally, producers connect it to their mixers.. the M-audio interface is pretty cheap especially for the USB interface although i strongly recommend a FIrewire interface but it cost u more.. so yeah bro i hope this lil info helps.. c ya

Rayza

i bet u find some reviews of that speakers thru the net.. gather some important info before your purchase.. at least the AV 40 it has won numerous awards thru some of the gadgets Magazine and from that u have the assurance on how the Monitors will perform.. :)

Rayza

I think the AV40 is awesome value at that price point. You should go down to Sinamex to listen to the models below and above as well, and realize that it is really good value @ 295.

Another option is that you may look for 2nd hand when the budget is tight. You can find a pair of Alesis in buy/sell at around 300 only (those retail price can go up to 500). Hope this help.

Back