mold in hardcase

almondx

Hey people, have any of you experience any mold growing in your guitar hard cases in our humid climate? If so how did you get rid of them. I've been dumping alot of dehumidizing agents into my case with no sustainable results. Lucky I'm not using that case at the moment.

ah it works (as in long lasting effect)? actually i've managed to remove them but they always come back :?:

how come ur hardcase will haf mould one?? i use mine for like quite long and its still pretty clean...

Thirsty Hippo will do the trick..get a Thirsty Hippo packet version..they have it for sale..haha..we use it in camp..put inside our Field pack and stuff...absorbs very well...and its thin..should not be a prob with staining your guitar like moth ball power or taking too much space in a hard case..give it a shot..

besides mold, what other options to clean inside the case?
especially if the case is old, will scrubbing with detergent spoil the fur?
or use vaccuum cleaner? like those heavy duty cleaners use for cleaning carpets?

After cleaning ur case, put 1 pack or two of silica gel.

i use this on my cases & pedalboard. hope this helps.:)

I usually open up and bake my hardcase in the blistering sun when i have the time. toss a pack of silicon gel bits thingy helps as well.

wait till u reach 30 cases to sun.. lol.. so its ok to wash the inside?
this particular one has been in the basement tomb for the last 20 years.. hehe
evaporated stale beers.. nasi lemak leftovers.. u name it, even the wood is tearing apart

If you have many cases, invest in a good dehumidifier and a germicidal UV light.
This will stop mold/fungus from forming/spreading.

To remove grown mildew, you'd need to use bleach or a strong cleaner, and use lysol/detol with anti fungal wipes.

These steps will stop mildew from spreading and regrowing.

mine dont have mold problem
more to stale beer residue.. bubble gum stains.. :mrgreen:
so i get those bleach or dettol solution? the fur thingy inside wont spoil rite?

I'd advise against excessive chemical usage in the hardcase. Don't forget that your beloved guitar is eventually going to be resting in there, and you'll never know what the residual chemicals are going to do to its finish.

Putting the case in the sun usually works, or else just get a new case/gig bag. You're better off forsaking the case than putting your guitar's finish at risk.

Back