Mixcraft for Live Playing / Korg Nano

michael68

Dear all,
I have just purchased Korg Nano to use with Mixcraft. It could be the setting but the latency is rather obvious.
I need advise on whether there are any good programs that, together with a midi controller, provide different instruments (eg strings, bass guitar, guitars) to accompany a pianist performing live?
Unfortunately, this has to be accompanied by a notebook hooked up to the midi controller, and my wish list is for portable sounds stored on 3.5" harddisk which could be plugged to usb port of midi keyboard and loads the sounds in seconds. Not sure if this exist at the moment.
Any advice welcomed as I am struggling to use the Korg Nano with Acoustica Mixcraft and would like to know if I should change to a true midi keyboard(eg M Audio) or the software. Any recommendations most appreciated!

Regards,
Michael

korg nano series controllers are true midi devices just like any other bigger midi controller. Theres no half midi device or true midi device btw, as long as the hardware can understand midi language, its a midi controller, be it keyboard style, pads/button style or full of knobs/pots one.

It will talk to the softwares(mixcraft, soft sampler, soft synth etc) via midi language so that when you press a key on the hardware, it will send midi signal to the software and trigger the sound.

For latency, you might have to play around with the latency setting within your software. If you are using window OS, try downloading asio4all and use it. Another thing is to eliminate any unecessary program running in background that might hinder the computer performance when running music applications. One way which lotsa people recommend is to dual boot, with one drive dedicated to running music apps where theres no anti virus or cpu hogging program when running music program.

Back