Megadeth

detroit_red

Anyone else here likes megadeth? I'm seriously into them like over the past year ... I think Dave Mustaine has an awesome voice ...

I second to that. Dave's voice isnt the best there is but it certainly has it's own character. I prefer the guitar solos to the vocals though :lol:

I feel that his voice is just unique ah .. And very badass ... Don't know how to say .. Very different from hetfield, yet similar ... Now i listening to a tout le monde ... So shiok the solo!! feeling ...

VOICE??!! To tell you the truth I'm so sunk into their killer rhythms that I dont pay attention to voice at all cuz megadeth's rhythms are just out of this world! Solos are good yes but i think its the rhythms that makes this legendary metal band stand out! Holy Wars!

Too bad he chickened out and started playing some j pop crap ... :lol: jk ..

But metallica are still better overall, imo ...

IMHO,
Megadeth is better than Metallica in many ways.

Mustaine vowed to create a better band than Metallica after being kicked out, and once again, imho, he did manage to do so.

I am a through fan of the Mustaine/Friedman partnership, for without either of them, Megadeth simply isn't Megadeth. Pitrelli, imho, simply could not fill Friedman's gargantuan shoes.

**Many thanks to nocturnaldekadence for the correction. :wink:

Phil said:
IMHO,

Mustaine vowed to create a better band than Metallica after being kicked out, and once again, imho, he did manage to do so.

I am a through fan of the Mustaine/Friedman partnership, for without either of them, Megadeth simply isn't Megadeth. Poland, imho, simply could not fill Friedman's gargantuan shoes.

I think you mean Pitrelli? Chris Poland was Megadeth's original guitarist in 1984, so Marty had to fill his shoes instead. Poland recorded "Killing is My Business.........", and "Peace Sells....". Of course most recently he did record with Dave again for " The System Has Failed".

But no doubt that in terms of partnership, it was a sweet one. I'm a huge fan of Megadeth, and had the pleasure of watching them in Australia, 2005. Glen Drover does a nice job on the solos live though.

Phil said:
IMHO,

but it's a sad thing tt metallica outsells megadeth despite both bands being almost as old...

Well then I would say that Friedman swapped Poland's shoes for a bigger pair. He was absolutely blazing on Rust in Peace. (My all-time favourite)

I'm into Megadeth.

If you guys wanna hear how good mustaine can sing, take Youthanasia. Yeah yeah, its more commercial, with average lyrics and simplified, boring verse chorus verse stuff, but the VOCALS MAN. Thats Mustaine's finest hour IMO.

Then there's Countdown to Extinction.

nitrovo said:
i wanna get their new dvd/ looks awesome

i have it. it's pretty good, but it's one of those dvds you either watch once ever or watch it in separate 20 min servings becos it can be boring if you're not an enthusiaist.

but mustaine is definitley better than hetfield in terms of guitar and consistency of singing at least even though his voice is an acquired taste. i think mustaine is better than hammet. but i think mustaine is most admired for his rhythm playing, he's got some unique way of playing or some shit like that, even i dunno what exactly.

ShredCow said:
If you guys wanna hear how good mustaine can sing, take Youthanasia. .

definitely, youthanasia. but i still admire killing is my business.. and business is good! that fukker is the fastest from them and straight to the point.

Back