Mass Order: Mercury Magnetics transformers.

seekz

Not sure which section to start mass orders nowadays, so I'll just try my luck here.

I plan on ordering a set of transformers for my twin reverb from the guys at Mercury Magnetics. Guys with low wattage Marshall, Fender, Vox tube amps should give their site a little peek.

No pressure, if there's no interested then I'll just make the order myself.
If you've set your sights on something and maybe wanna check if you can save a little of the shipping, just post in the thread.

Last edited:
do they really change the sounds that drastically? I see the word "upgrade" transformers improve headroom and all that. seems like it supposedly does a lot. got any personal experience with it?

Last edited:
Yes, the transformers make a huge difference to tone and headroom.

Imagine the tubes being the engine, the speakers is your wheels and tires.
and the Transformer is the gearbox!

Anyway, I wish to make my order soon, last call for anyone interested.
If can chalk up at least 5 trannies can get bullk discount.

I'll give it one more week, before I close the thread.

With the swap to MMs, I'm hoping to get these benefits :
1) get rid of that "blanket" over the amp
2) better harmonics
3) a more open sound
4) better tone at lower volumes

Think it'll be a worthwhile effort and investment. =)

Lazy3yed you are hoping for a lot!

I don't know any change in an amp would give you those benefits. What amp do you have? Maybe looking at the overall sound that you want would be a good starting point and then you could look for a better amp.

Hope this helps.

Mark.

@Dongara : I'm intending to change out the stock output tranny on my Ceriatone Overtone. Very happy with it, though I feel it could be better. I doubt the difference would be drastic (the stock trannies are very decent btw), but at least there's improvement. Well, at least based on what I've read at the Ceriatone forum. Hey, part of the fun comes from swapping them!

@Lazy3Yed : You are right, there will be a change, though not drastic. If the basic tone of the amp is one that you are happy with, then I hope that the new trany makes you even happier!

cheers.

Back