Mass Effect 2 is released today!!!!

Whitestrat

YES! i got the game on pre-order download 2 days ago. But they wouldn't let me start the game until the release date was here, and NOW IT IS!!!!

Shiokz! Gonna burn midnight oil tonight!

AND the game is KILLER!!! Great graphics! Fast loading times. Better animations. And you can import your saved game characters from ME1. The same character will flow through up to ME3 and beyond...

This is one scary good franchise!

Have yet to try ME1. How different is it compared to Dragon Age Origins? Seeing its developed by the same company. I'm still trying to complete that game..too time consuming..

Have yet to try ME1. How different is it compared to Dragon Age Origins? Seeing its developed by the same company. I'm still trying to complete that game..too time consuming..

Hahaha... it's massive huh? DAO is well developed, but I find certain sections a bit draggy, and the travelling portions a bit slow in loading, and it slows down the game experience.

ME1 is fast paced. It's basically a well disguised shooter, with a very well developed storyline. I ended up playing ME1 a total of 11 times in different characters, but DAO so far only twice. That Dwarf bit is a bit tideous for my liking. Also, I find ME1 is far more engaging as a role player than DAO. The character development is a lot more interesting. Basically, they're similar, but ME1 is a lot faster paced. Not that it's a shorter game, because it's not.

ME2 is even more of a shooter, with a lot more tactical moves. I find that ME in general is better packaged as an experience than DAO.

Last edited:
Played ME1, might check this out during my holidays or something. "Even more of a shooter" is very appealing to me. :D

Hahaha... it's massive huh? DAO is well developed, but I find certain sections a bit draggy, and the travelling portions a bit slow in loading, and it slows down the game experience.

ME1 is fast paced. It's basically a well disguised shooter, with a very well developed storyline. I ended up playing ME1 a total of 11 times in different characters, but DAO so far only twice. That Dwarf bit is a bit tideous for my liking. Also, I find ME1 is far more engaging as a role player than DAO. The character development is a lot more interesting. Basically, they're similar, but ME1 is a lot faster paced. Not that it's a shorter game, because it's not.

ME2 is even more of a shooter, with a lot more tactical moves. I find that ME in general is better packaged as an experience than DAO.

Woah completed it twice.. Yeah i'm doing the dwarf bit at orthagar..tsk tsk midget politics ;)

ME1 sounds fun. Will try to get hold of it and play it during the hols.

Occupied with MW2 atm. You don't play multi player much do you?

Fallout 3 also has high replayability. But what i liked most was the karma system and the amount of freedom given. You can literally walk into a innocent settler town and massacre everyone in a thousand gory ways and do stuff that influence your main quest. However its has pretty steep hardware requirement and is very taxing on your cpu.

Last edited:
Woah completed it twice.. Yeah i'm doing the dwarf bit at orthagar..tsk tsk midget politics ;)

ME1 sounds fun. Will try to get hold of it and play it during the hols.

Occupied with MW2 atm. You don't play multi player much do you?

Fallout 3 also has high replayability. But what i liked most was the karma system and the amount of freedom given. You can literally walk into a innocent settler town and massacre everyone in a thousand gory ways and do stuff that influence your main quest. However its has pretty steep hardware requirement and is very taxing on your cpu.

Gave up multiplayers because of laggy proglems with my internet connection. I don't like getting fragged because of lag. Hahahaha... Not since my CounterStrike days.

Play ME1 first. Because, if you play ME2, then go to ME1, ME1 will look like a cartoon to you.

Been very tempted by Fallout. But I don't really like gore and zombies. Stopped playing Half-life long ago.

Gave up multiplayers because of laggy proglems with my internet connection. I don't like getting fragged because of lag. Hahahaha... Not since my CounterStrike days.

Play ME1 first. Because, if you play ME2, then go to ME1, ME1 will look like a cartoon to you.

Been very tempted by Fallout. But I don't really like gore and zombies. Stopped playing Half-life long ago.

Ah, haven't touched CS in ages! :p

Btw Fallout 3 is a really good RPG. The main highlight is not much on gore but on the VATS targeting system. I mean the gore is just there for realism. The focus is more on a post apocalyptic future after a nuclear war.

Wow kindred gaming spirits here on SOFT.

I'm probably getting ME2 over the weekend, always been a fan of BioWare. ME1 was great, so was DAO, playing the extra chapters of DAO now.

I'm playing Borderlands and COD:MW2 to fix my need for FPS, wonder how ME2 will compare. I can't wait to find out.

I'm playing Borderlands and COD:MW2 to fix my need for FPS, wonder how ME2 will compare. I can't wait to find out.

Ah... ME2 is NOT an FPS... not the same sort of thing. But this one now is a lot more tactical. Think of it like Rainbow Six Vegas. not in FPS, but 3rd person. You get to take cover, plan the way your temmates support you (though that one is a bit idiotic at times), and the enemies also get to hide. No more running to their deaths. You have to wait for them to stop firing before you shoot.

one word of advice: The sniper rifle is your friend.:mrgreen:

ME1 has a lot of talking and less action. It's like Star Trek of shooting games, but still quite engaging.

ME1 has a lot of talking and less action. It's like Star Trek of shooting games, but still quite engaging.

ME2 still got a lot of talking. But the missions wise a lot shorter, and straight to the point. Go in and start blasting!

But overall I'm a wee bit dissappointed with the plot, since there only seem to be like 3 main missions that feature the key enemy, unlike ME1, where the Geth were EVERYWHERE! Everything else in ME2 is building relationships with team mates (yes, even the missions).

But this seem to be a preparation for ME3, which has been confirmed, and ME2 even mentions it.

Back