Malaysia REAL ROCK BAND competition

purplehaze3691

Check out this site www.rockunite.tv

This is Malaysia Rock band competiton, not the present clown competition which is on our national tv, it is a shame to the rock music world when foreigners watch our clown competiton now

couple of months ago i saw this BATTLE OF THE BANDS in UNIVERSITY MALAYA. I saw they played, and i was so shock, that they are so GOOD! I mean really good, with those "high-pitched-90's-rock-vocals" which is almost impossible to find in any commercial band vocalist nowadays to the ichael engelo shredding of guitar playing and to joey jordison double bass tabbing.

and whats more, they are playing for passion ONLY, considered they purusing their degree. I wonder ... they are good, why they dont want to go out commercialize themselves? or maybe... nowadays rocka r enot marketable?

you mean we've a competition? The proj superband ah? That one never say want rock band what......so i guess all sorts of bands went to participate...

it's like comparing apples to oranges. the channel u superband competition never potrayed itself as a Rock Band competition.

malaysia is heading for a Rock Revival, its all happening for them. rock musicians getting together and putting out collaborations. new rock band competitions. bands from the 80s starting from square 1 again, doing compilations all over again. an upcoming rockumentary/movie too. Lets not forget, they have an established scene, we don't :)

most probably.... malaysia rock scene will get back like before... BUT it will never be the same. the environment doesnt suit anymore...

What is it that "environment doesn't suit anymore" got to do with Rock music? which caters to the soul? springs from the depth of your being? did u hear "carrie" Europe or "what keeps me loving you" XYZ before?
Or you are still not sure how great rock bands actually is? :lol:

Malaysia rock scene had never died down.. Just that their media played less rock doesnt mean the rock scene is dead there.. Just check out Search's concert VCD.. Or if u want to experience it urself, just check out Pasir Gudang's many rock concerts...

As they all say, "Rock Never Death brotherrr....."

balloons said:
What is it that "environment doesn't suit anymore" got to do with Rock music? which caters to the soul? springs from the depth of your being? did u hear "carrie" Europe or "what keeps me loving you" XYZ before?
Or you are still not sure how great rock bands actually is? :lol:

go think again why i said "environment doesnt suit anymore" then come here and whine again.

Its kinda like Japan isn't it? :p Rock rock rock!

But on the other hand, you sort of see an identity crisis there... so many rock bands, so many alike... 1980s anyone?

oh yeah i went to my ah ma house in malaysia last weekend then i saw this advertisement popping up on the tv man..walao the advert music sounds very underground lei..LOL

actually malaysians love rock. is just that the goverment has been negative abit, say the whole "black metal" crap. Come on........ I'm from Malaysia. We have a magazine that covers all kinds of rock music, It's called ROTTW. tis magazine is useful, tis is where underground bands get to be introduced and the team promotes up and coming shows for raw talent. The magazine also covers concerts from Singapore also.

wondering is there any good indie bands from Taiwan other than all the JAY crap tat is goin on. sick of it.........

Malaysia authorities like that lar.. bring on a few Mat Rempit, then suddenly all bikers are Mat Rempits! Catch a few Black metalist, then all rockers are black metalist. Worship all that comes from overseas & kill your own..

Back