Mac - Best Audio Interface?

recorder

hi folks, im looking for a low latency audio interface for my mac hopefully with 2 or more audio inputs and mic pre amp. if you have used/are using something similar, would love to hear your thoughts.

oh yes, im also thinking of using Reason & Cubase.

thanks!

Last edited:
thanks. where did you get it and how much did you pay for it? and also what software are you using? thanks again.

hi hi

You can check out Resolution, they are at

91 Bencoolen Street
Sunshine Plaza, #01-70
T: 63399877
M: 93866998
E: ron@resolution.sg

They have everything you need to set up a recording rig. A FirePod is going for slightly more than $600. It has 8 mic pres!! Firewire connection.

the reviews are pretty good on that and at $600 it sure looks worthwhile. however, dont really like the additional power source but guess it cant be powered by firewire with so many inputs.

im also looking at the M-Audio 410, anyone has any opinions on them and how does it compare to the Firepod/Firebox?

thanks.

thanks for your reply.

the Duet does look very cool... had any experience with it or know where i can test one?

Hi softies..

Jus wondering,do we really actually need all those to record sumthing simple???
Ive been usin Mac n Garage Band all the while but i yet to know wad disastrous effect it can do to my Lappy coz i just plug the guitar cable into the mic port via a smaller head adaptor.

As long as you can create good music and feel good about it ;)

When you plug in like that, there is no analogue to digital conversion (unless ur guitar is first routed to a digital effects box, in which case it is already an ADC) so you will not get optimal results suitable for digital mixing. Not optimal. But alright.

When people look to better audio interfaces, things of concern would be real-time recording of many simaltaneous tracks (latency), balanced inputs and outputs, real-time effects, hardware noise and interference etc.

try apoggee stuffs, for eg. ensemble or yea the duet.

the pre's aint that good but still usable.
had great conversion however pricey.

a cheaper alternative would be those from RME,

after which look towards focusrite saffire.

if its still too expensive for you

go the Maudio 410 route :]

Back