Ltd EC500 vs EC1000

Dime

yes i'm aware that Davis does not bring in any of the two except ESP Eclipse.the only way to do so is to go online.just wondering whats the difference between the two?is the extra bucks to push for the EC1000 worth it?

I've compared both and the difference between them is that EC500 has grovers and tune-o-matic while the EC1000 uses Tonepros T3B-T & T1Z Locking and schaller Locking for tuners.

other than cosmetic issues.is the difference between the two with is $500 more worth it?

EC500 is roughly around SGD$900 while EC1000 is around SGD$1.3k.someone correct me if im wrong.

where am i gonna find 1.5k?unless you wanna wait for me to get that amount.maybe 2 months?im no rich kid.

The ESP one will cost 2k++.forgetting singapore isnt a country that sells cheap goods.

erm...bro..i jus walk pass davis yest and see their ESP eclipse price tag at S$1650 for duncans equip and S$1950 for EMG equip

Get the Eclipse 1. Not the CTM's. They cost roughly $1650 for Standard Eclipses. $1950 for Eclipse 1 CTM. $1950 for Standard Eclipse 2 and $2100 for Eclipse 2 CTM. Just got my Eclipse and it is superb. Worth more then its worth IMO.

As for EC500 and EC1000, I'd say go for EC500. Too much abalone is an eyesore and on some guitars, they look too cheesey. Ouh, and the EC's pack 24 frets whereas the ESP's only 22.

meh

Ah... That I dunno. But from what I can see is that the CTM's comes with an ebony fretboard. But the main reason I bought a CTM instead of a Standard is that the CTMs looks like a keeper. All the finishes are to die for but I think you guys know which finish I went for. Heh heh heh.

The Eclipse 1 are sweet. It just melded into my arms like it was made to fit me though don't take my word for it.

The Eclipse 2, If I am not wrong, the CTM's are made in USA instead of Japan and the cutaway is slightly different from the Eclipse 1 but only for the USA models. The Eclipse 2 also has that tummy cut and weight relieved bodies.

I don't know about the rest of you but I was turned off by the chamfer and weight reliefs. That was the 2nd reason I got the Eclipse 1 instead.

Ah, but if you looking for an exact Gibson Les Paul copy, do not go for the Eclipse. They are a totally different monster....

meh

from obvious point of view,the eclipse 1 has separate vol and tone for both pup.while the eclipse 2 share the tone knob.eclipse 1 has the speed knob type while 2 has the gold dome shape knob.hearing about the chambering turns me off too.eclipse 2 would certainly have less sustain.yes the abalone binding is a Yes! or a NO!NO!.difference of workmanship and cosmetics puts the eclipse 1 as the best followed by ec500.unless you are that rich douchebag.

from obvious point of view,the eclipse 1 has separate vol and tone for both pup.while the eclipse 2 share the tone knob.eclipse 1 has the speed knob type while 2 has the gold dome shape knob.hearing about the chambering turns me off too.eclipse 2 would certainly have less sustain.yes the abalone binding is a Yes! or a NO!NO!.difference of workmanship and cosmetics puts the eclipse 1 as the best followed by ec500.unless you are that rich douchebag.

Ah not entirely correct there Mr Dime. There are some Eclipse 2 models that comes with split tone controls as well. But only on the standard models. The CTM's or USA series for Eclipse 2 all comes with 1 Master Tone Knob. As for knob types, they differ as on diff color.

Heh. Looks like we agree on the chambering as a turn off. But my list would go Eclipse 1 CTM>Eclipse 1>EC500>EC1000>Eclipse 2 USA (CTM).

The standards for eclipse 2 are not worth it IMO unless the other 5 were never made. But if the other 5 were never made, I think I would have gone for an Edwards instead...

meh

damn.difference of emgs and duncans is 300?like wtf is wrong with them?should only be 100 of a difference.well if you to get ec500 where would you look at?davis doesnt bring ec series.

I highly doubt that the 300 diff in price tag is due to the pups. Most prob is becos of 1 being Eclipse 1 and the other Eclipse 2. As from wat i know, the diff in price is almost negligable with diff pups.

There are many ways to acquire the EC500. If ordering via online is out due to you not having any credit card, I've come across a few shops that helps in ordering in guitars. You can seek help from them...

meh

well yeah im too young to have a credit card.and dont intend to have one in the future.its a burden.maybe G77 can help me out?

well i dont think an eclipse is something for me right now.maybe when i reach 20.then a high-end gibby by 22.

I highly doubt that the 300 diff in price tag is due to the pups. Most prob is becos of 1 being Eclipse 1 and the other Eclipse 2. As from wat i know, the diff in price is almost negligable with diff pups.

There are many ways to acquire the EC500. If ordering via online is out due to you not having any credit card, I've come across a few shops that helps in ordering in guitars. You can seek help from them...

meh

Can you tell me which shops help in ordering guitar?

Back