looking for a new distortion pedal

shokakukai

heyyy. i thought of getting a new distortion pedal.

currently have a danelectro black licorice, which is kinda too powerful and there is no gain control on it. its still powerful even though i rolled back my volume knob to almost 0.

haha looking for that raw, bright and punchy distortion and could go a little fuzzy, but thats optional. think a mix of ac/dc, megadeth, muse. the black licorice is cool but just that it sounds very compressed and the distortion is too heavy sometimes.

so far eyeing on a boss ds-1 or the modtone speedbox distortion.
haha they sound kinda similiar, so i need more choices! haha my budget is 150 to 250.

heyy the sc-2 valve sounds quite like i how i want it man.
really blown me away when stockholm syndrome comes playing. hahaa.

any of those available here?

heyy the sc-2 valve sounds quite like i how i want it man.
really blown me away when stockholm syndrome comes playing. hahaa.

any of those available here?

glad u like it. try to order via proguitarshop if u can. reason is that swee lee, the only dealer for hardwire effects charges pretty obscene amounts for them. i do not know exactly how much. but getting from pgs or other online dealers is much much cheaper.

u do know that the valve distortion will get u no where near megadeth or other heavy metal stuff right

+2 on dirty bomb, if u prefer booteek! and +1 on V2 son of hyde!!:)

I wouldn't recommend the Son of Hyde UNLESS you frequently play on 4 x 10 speakers. The one I had before only sounded good through the Hot Rod Deville 410 at my practice place, and sounded thin through my small amp at home. This was with the internal bass trim pot maxed out. Moreover, the SOH is $190 or so, so why not pay $30 LESS for a handwired 'boutique' pedal that does not use SMD components?

glad u like it. try to order via proguitarshop if u can. reason is that swee lee, the only dealer for hardwire effects charges pretty obscene amounts for them. i do not know exactly how much. but getting from pgs or other online dealers is much much cheaper.

u do know that the valve distortion will get u no where near megadeth or other heavy metal stuff right

just wondering, but if you were to get it from proguitarshop, what's the final price (including shipping etc) gonna be like and how long does it take to arrive?

just wondering, but if you were to get it from proguitarshop, what's the final price (including shipping etc) gonna be like and how long does it take to arrive?

shipping is another USD30, but if you order more pedals after that its free shipping for these pedals. should typically take 5-7days from the US.

^ How many more pedals before shipping is waived? Perhaps can get a few Softies shipping in at the same time.

Back