lookin gto buy a electronic drum kit

Alex

HI name's Alex
I'm looking to buy an electronic drum kit
been chasing costs of the yamaha dtx series
any one who has one for sale or has some info on the best way to get a good deal
do let me know

and i 'm not brand specific -
just has to be worth the money in terms of durability , sound , the electronics etc etc .. u know the usual ,, not some plates with wires on it that will collapse in a breeze !!!:p

e mail on alexmathe@gmail.com

add me on whats app - guess its easier and quicker to reply

peace out

Alex

Last edited:
Get the DTX550, its RRP is about 2599 or 2699 if I remember correctly. Not the best in the range, nor the cheapest, but its the best "bang for buck" kit. You get a real hi hat stand and TCS Snare pad and 2 triple zone full-round chokable cymbal. Or you can buy my kit haha.

Hey Albatross
thanks for the quick reply
what do you think about the DTX 700 ( am i pushing my luck there ??)
I did some enquiring during the Yamaha sale and there was a good deal going along with some extras that i wanted like a double bass pedal , in the ear monitors ( headphones) ; the out speakers - 100 watts and yes the throne as well - all rounded off then as in July 2012 to 4500/-
what do you think of the price ??
and where do you think is a good place / site (on line) to shop for an electronic drum kit
that to when on line it shoudl be shipped to Singapore !!
do let me know
cheers
peace out

No prob! Was just doing my daily browsing. Hmm my take on the DTX700k is that while the pads are all TCS, they're tiny. You do get a better drum module than the DTX550k though. And the new rack is tiny as well, to me it feels like rockband drums and it limits your setup versatility. So if you get too used to playing a kit with the pads positioned so tightly together, moving around the toms (or even between snare and toms) on a real acoustic kit will be overwhelming. 4500 is an okay price considering that it includes the drum amp (assuming you're talking about the MS100DR which is pretty darn expensive on its own), and a pair of double pedals. But double pedals are subjective, feel wise and price wise. The Yamaha headphones were pretty okay for the drum kit the last time I used it in a Yamaha studio 4 years ago. Throne you can usually get a decent one for less than $100 on soft. I don't really suggest buying any drum kit online, the shipping price alone is killer. You can try luthermusic.com for the prices, they're local so its okay.

But if I had $4500, I'll go for the DTX750k which is $3900, and use the remaining for pedals, throne and headphone. And if I want a monitor I will get the MS50DR instead, 100w is too strong if you want it to be neighbour and family-friendly. Sms me at 91397041 if you're interested in my drum kit.

Last edited:
Back