Logic Pro/Express Software monitoring

jeremyspk

Hey guys,

I've got this issue of a laggy soft monitoring when recording through Samson c10u usb mic in Logic Pro. I find it really frustrating, i can't recording my tracks properly with a delay through my mon (headphones). Any ideas how to reduce the latency to almost no lag at all?

Or must i really get those usb/firewire recorders? :(
Even if I get them, do i have a guarantee of almost 0 latency in monitoring?

Thanks for reading and replying~

"In Use,
Once I'd connected the mic, I found there was a slightly higher latency than I expected for the chosen buffer size, and at 44.1kHz, I could still perceive a hint of delay when Logic's Audio Devices and Drivers page was set to 128 samples, although I think most singers would find this within acceptable limits. This may well have beeen an attribute of the Aggregate driver, but as long as you can work with buffer sizes of 128 samples or under, the latency is fine." - Quote taken from SoundOnSound: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jun06/articles/samsonc01u.htm

Buffer sizes:

Small sizes while recording.

Bigger sizes while mixing.

To set buffer sizes,

From Main Menu: LogicPro/Preferences/Audio or hit Command+comma

Once you're there, click on the "Devices" tab then select"CoreAudio" tab.

Pick a I/O buffer size setting from the drop-down menu.

Don't forget to click on "Apply changes" at the bottom right of the window.

Best,
R.

I think I always do that. In fact, I bought a new machine to cater to 32 sampling.
32 works okay immediately after "Apply changes" but gradually the latency increases..which I've no idea why =.=

it's pretty unacceptable, it throws me off my tempo when recording... :(
sigh

so I guess it's recording interface time. *starts saving*

If using Macbook, get a firewire interface. If a desktop, PCIe. Latency will sigifinicantly decrease.

Also check that plugins that induce latency (Ad-Limiter/Multipressor) should not be used on output channels while recording.

Back