Live DVDs.How to do live recording band video?

Kimmi

Hey guys,

I would like to ask do any of you know how record live band recording footage like how they do the live dvds but on a smaller scale.HOME SCALE.

I'm intending to explore that area. Youtube videos by boyce avenue is a good example of the direction i'm heading into.

1.I would like to ask like the methods and equipments used?

2.The soundcheck part pre and post recording/mv do i have the freedom to mix the audio afterwards or are the levels set before recording immediately printed.

3.equipments or software?is i movie sufficient?

4.i'm running on a presonus studiolive as my mixer where all my audio goes into.

If there is any further details needed...do ask!!

cheers!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPNYuCvnUQY <-- for something like this , usually i record the audio multitrack live first, mix it, then sync it to the video using sony vegas. the only thing is for best results you have to have your own set of mics + recorder etc. so you don't intefere with the live soundman cos usually they give you a shitfeed for complicating their life.

thanks blueprintstudios!

woah..your video style is what i exactly have in mind.

I'm doing this to just try out for fun cause i have mics and mixer all in mind. I just lack a camera.

Like the multicam style you did.

cheers..appreciate ur thoughts!!

Kimmi, the Rresonus Studiolive allows you to multitrack with just 1 firewire cable to your computer. There should be a software that came with your mixer.

Saw this mixer when it was launched and was really amazed by it.

http://www.presonus.com/products/Detail.aspx?ProductId=52

Recording made easy.

If you have a laptop, you have a 32-track digital recorder instantly ready to capture your gig, church service, or presentation. Just two mouse clicks engages Capture 1.1 recording software. Then your Studio One Artist digital audio workstation lets you edit and enhance to your heart’s content (see page 00 for a complete description).

StudioLive features a tightly integrated FireWire interface with advanced JetPLL™ synchronization, delivering 32 channels or more of recording and up to 26 channels of simultaneous playback. Each FireWire recording channel can be set to record either pre- or post-Fat Channel signal processing, delivering total flexibility and power.

Because StudioLive can so easily return FireWire playback channels from your computer, you can pull off nifty tricks. You can soundcheck your band and fine-tune the P.A. in a new venue, even when the band’s not there yet. (The drummer got stuck in traffic again.) Or create backing tracks at your studio and seamlessly blend them with live performance.

u mean the capture software? yeap..it does come with it but its unstable.I use the studio one daw tat comes with it instead

I tried it out using BPS idea and manage to to some sort of "live video" with what i recorded and mix off the session and join it with a video from iphone vid cam..recorded at the same time.

Rather pleased with how it turn out.everything seem to sync nicely

Studiolive is indeed rather amazing.All you need in a box.

thanks man, well, the idea of postproduction with live video multi camera angle + multi audio feed is

a master video track
and a master audio track

then slowly and painfully sync and pick the best angles for the videos heheheh.

best of luck!

I'm in the editing process of it but once i get it done,i'll post it up here!!

cheers bps thanks for the guidance!!

Back