Lemon Pledge/Guitar Honey

almondx

According to the PRS website it says that lemon pledge is the ideal rosewood fretboard/neck cleaner, however I checked it out at Cold Storage Parkway (working there pt) and it contains silicone! Any thoughts about this? I know for one thing I wouldn't let silicone anywhere near my guitars as it's quite impossible to get rid off..

Oh and btw, any shops selling guitar honey here in sg?

get lemon oil..u can get it in any guitar shop. every 6 months when u maintain ur guitar...use fine steel wool(and i mean ultra fine) steel wool to rub the fretboard horizontally.(that means from the bridge of the guitar to the hut).

if u rub it vertically, u will scratch the fretboard the wood grain is always horizontal.once u have done that.Dab some lemon oil on a cotton cloth and gently rub your frets..ur guitar will be given a brand new look and ur fretboard will stand out! but dont apply too much or the wood will absorb exccesive amounts of moisture and will damage the guitar.u dont wanna do this too often because

1)ur fretboard will become oily
2)when u rub with steel you are actually removing a thin layer of wood.doing it too often will result in ur fretboard being 1 cm thick..lol.

thats about it

CHEERS

thx for ur help! yea i noe abt lemon oil, have a hard time finding it.. referring to pure lemon oil here, been asking around in pharmacies with no avail...

fretboard becoming oily as u mention is coz of the silicone in most over the counter guitar oil accumulating imo, pure lemon oil is very light and distilled so evaporates quickly..

Steel wool? 8O

There's no need to use steel wool, a normal cloth to apply the lemon oil onto the fretboard and a rag for normal gloss polish for the body (for finished guitars) should do fine.

almondx said:
thx for ur help! yea i noe abt lemon oil, have a hard time finding it.. referring to pure lemon oil here, been asking around in pharmacies with no avail...

fretboard becoming oily as u mention is coz of the silicone in most over the counter guitar oil accumulating imo, pure lemon oil is very light and distilled so evaporates quickly..

That's because lemon oil is not made from lemons. It's a petroleum product.

http://www.kramerize.com/q_a_1.htm

fretless.. wad is this antique improver u linked to abt?.. wa.. use steel wool? abit hardcore leh.. loll.. think use cloth can already.. and fretless u're rite.. it's a petroleum product.. haha.. i saw some cleaning oil that was red.. juz like petrol aso.. haha.

haha no the lemon oil we normally use are petroleum products.. for healthcare products "essential lemon oil" they are made from real lemons. The guitar lemon oil onli contains a few drops of such essential lemon oil. It's super expensive too, around a ratio of 100lbs of lemons to 10 lbs of pure lemon oil. Check out old english brand lemon oil, cant seem to find them sold here tho =/

steel wool can lah =p around the #0000 ultrafine grade =D but prefer plastic scrub or the MAGICAL TOOTHBRUSH ^^

old english? ..

DIY or mustafa centre... its all over the place man. about 10bucks if i remember clearly.

haha oh diy shops? oh boy i was looking in the wrong place all these while.. with all those guardian pharmacies and watsons =D

noooooooooo lol u got it wront u use the steel wool to clean the fretboard by using the steel wool to rub the fretboard.once the fretboard is clean..use a cotton cloth to apply the lemon oil! lol

NV READ PROPERLY!

Back