killswitch

anyone has one installed on their guitar?
how much does it cost, and where can it be done?
i'm thinking of learning some cool ass tremelo effect like matt bellamy or san singer of the suns :)

If you are using a two humbucker with a two volume and a two way switch ...this is easy to achive ...so what is yours ???

There's been a thread before this, you should dig it up.

I've got a killswitch on my guitar.... 1 red button.

ShredCow said:
There's been a thread before this, you should dig it up.

I've got a killswitch on my guitar.... 1 red button.

And i like that....you can now send Morse Code....toot tot tooot tot ttoot oot

Hahaha... but problem is, despite being more "practical" than a 3-way toggle thing? I still haven't put it to proper use. :evil: And if there are things you don't use, keep for what?!?

ShredCow said:
Hahaha... but problem is, despite being more "practical" than a 3-way toggle thing? I still haven't put it to proper use. :evil: And if there are things you don't use, keep for what?!?

yo bro the action required makes a huge diff....so the use of a toggle is diff form a push momentary...do i make sense here??

yeah... you do you do.... I thought a push button would make more sense than having to turn off the volume of one pup, then flick a 3 way toggle rapidly.

But as for practical uses... gahhh... i need more cowbell.

Killswitch

I've done it myself on one of my guitarz after I removed the EMG Afterburner tat was installed and needed to get that hole filled with "something".

I used an on/off mini toggle switch, which shorted the pickups to ground when the switch was "on".

By doing so, the sound decays to "zero" instantly with no "thump" @the amp.

If you use the killswitch to just break the connection between the input, you will get a "thump" whenever you flick the switch...NOT GOOD.

Btw, this particular guitar has HH with volume, no tone and a 3-way p/u selector.

8)

Killswitch

killswitch-toronto-12.jpg

Back