just wondering

strats

where should i start.. oh yeah.. my friend recently got a drumset for free.. pearl something not sure what series.. but it didn't came with a floor tom.. instead of the floor tom, there was a tom connected to the crash.. can you please shed some light on this.. both me and my friend know nuts about drum sets..

oh sorry.. haha.. issit normal not to floor tom and have a tom attached to the crash instead? does this affect the playing in any way?

From what you have briefly described, I think it's normal. Some drumkits do have the floor tom attached to the cymbal boom stand. Nothing wrong with that. Shouldn't affect the playing either. Just need to adjust it to your comfort.

Maybe you can take a pic of the kit so we can all help you with it here? :)

Pearl's rhythm traveller's tom is like that...
Is it an RT?

Nothing to panic about if the tom's attached to the stand.

i have no idea whether its an RT or not.. cant tell the difference betwwen drumsets :? i have pictures!! but waiy.. i dunno how to upload :oops:
and my friend said it didnt sound like a floor tom.. tuning problems maybe?

Hi,

It sounds like you have a kit with a 14" rack mounted "floor" tom.

Basic kits come in two basic configurations.
First is whats called a "rock" kit, which has a 20" or 22" Kick, 12" and 13" toms and 16" floor tom. Then there is whats called a "fusion" kit which has 20" or 22" kick, 10",12" and 14" mounted toms, with the 14 being used as a "floor" tom. Both of these setups are great for any type of music.

Hope this helps.

gez i dont' understand anyhintg.. anyway yeah its an RT.. went over to her house to fix the muffler head so it won't be too noisy.. but she wanna knows how much ride cymbals would cost.. and the two cymbals that are usually behind the two toms(dunno what they are called).. she's planning to get them end of year.. she was wondering whether 500 would be enough..

$500 can get u the best ride available either at swee lee, Yamaha and Ranking Sports!!

If she wants a high end ride,

Zidjian: Earth Ride or Ping Ride!!

Sabian: Any Hand Hammered Ride or AAX stage Ride

Paiste: Signature Ride

The rides mentioned above cost not more than $500.. it'll be more than enuff.

haha i dont think she need the high ends yet.. mid end ride and the two crash behind the two toms.. and boom stand.. cost around?

Get a cymbals pack then. With her $500 budget, she should be able to get a decent Sabian cymbals pack. As for price range, ask the cymbals guru shred5 here! :D

Back