Jeff Ballard (Brad Mehldau Trio)

weckl-x

jeffballartbrucewittet.jpg

Got my tickets!

Can't wait for the 'lesson'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLQYwoPaTb4

YO! He is one of my favourites both in playing and his weird ethics....this guy actually spits and sneezes on his cymbals to speed up the patina process....!!!

Yeah, I've read about that.. Heh. Maybe it's just to prevent people from touching or stealing his cymbals :D

That would be awesome!
Jeff Ballard rules!
it's amazing that he really didn't get much recognition until he gave in to having endorsements

Can't wait til his signature cymbals come out!
Apparently they're going to be similar to Bill Stewarts

YO! He is one of my favourites both in playing and his weird ethics....this guy actually spits and sneezes on his cymbals to speed up the patina process....!!!

haha i dare anyone here to go to a jamming room and infront of the owner spit on the kit with all your marlboro and char kway teow flavored phlegm. he'll kick your ass out straight away.

yessss i bought brad meldau trio tix without knowing who the skinsman was gonna be.... its great jeff ballard's the one.... so excited

ps. the cymbals in the pic do look quite dirty .... hehe

That's just sick! His playing and his cymbals too! I heard him on Joshua Redman's album and it was fantastic! Great feel, touch, dynamics, solos, phrasing and creating such a wide spectrum of sounds with his cymbals and snare! Less IS more IMHO!

Back