Is my guitar normal to sound very holllow

My suspect is your amp is not grounded. If so, you see the power plug, change that from the 2 round pins type to our UK 3 pin plug.

You can double confirm by pluging another guitar (your friend's) in an see if its so.

i tihnk its because you are using too much gain. thats why even the lightest touch of your strings will cause sound. either that or u need to work on the muting.

other then that im not very certain what you mean by "Hollow sound".

Yeap, noisegates will help man... :)

If your amp has one, check it out asap! Otherwise, the Boss NS-2 pedal will do the job, in fact, it seems to be a very popular choice.

However since noisegates shut out a certain level of sound, you might find that on one hand, you do your nice progressive riffs really cleanly, but when you hit a cool screaming harmonic, the noisegate actually shuts that out too. So... you got to balance your settings on the noisegate.

Hmmmm... grounding your amp is one way to help cut out the sound. On the other hand, check if you were using your single coil pickups. Single coils make more noise than humsbuckers. Too much gain also plays a part.

sorry abit off topic...but can anyone tell me how to ground my amp? I'm using a roland cube 30 now. I went to the DIY shop to ask abt the grounding thing but they said they can't help me cos the plug itself doesnt have a ground wire. In that case do i have to attach a earth wire to my amp? Or wot shld i do?

Chang said:
sorry abit off topic...but can anyone tell me how to ground my amp?

Hi, can help here, same as u, i'm using a Roland Cube 30. U can get a converter with grounding at a back alley store at Sim Lim Square located at 3rd or 4th storey, couldnt remember the exact location, sorri.....Its operated by a uncle who wear classes with a shop tat looks like a rubbish dump. The converter is not on display, u got to ask him and out of nowhere he will dig it out for u, cost round $6. It got this serial BS1363/3 on it.
BTW, all this while how do u play with a not grounded amp? :?:

live with the hum dude...haha...anyways i'm playing a strat so its like hum x2...or maybe x3...
gotta cut down the hum thingy cos i'm doing recording and hum doesnt make things sound nice ya noe,.

Back