Installing / replacing strap pins

EugeneSmasher

Before you lambast me about there being a thread on this recently, I did a search function and even searched the section manually, but that thread seemed to have disappeared. If you find that thread, do let me know so I can post on that one and get this one removed.

So here's the story. I have a performance next month and I want to use my Yamaha F310. It has a single strap button at the bottom (the 'butt' as some people say) and it is made of plastic. I don't know if I'll be performing standing up or sitting down but I rather not take the risk.

I intend to get that single strap button replaced, and two metal strap buttons installed. I'm looking at generic strap buttons, not strap-locks, because I don't see myself jumping around with an acoustic.

So yeah, I heard Maestro does this, but can someone clarify this, and also, what price might I be looking at? And any other recommended places? Thanks!

hi eugene...

the current plastic strap pin of your yamaha is strong enough unless u forcefully break it on the floor :mrgreen: he he
there are many kind of plastic material... the one on the strap pin has, is not easily break type plastic:)

i think its not really expensive for 2 metal strap pin :mrgreen: but for the second strap pin don't install it on the body like the first strap pin has.. may be u can install it on the neck heel

Hmmm... Yeap I intend to place it on the back of the neck heel, like on my Ibanez acoustic. Just that the plastic strap pin doesn't look very firm, as in it looks like the strap will come off pretty easily.

Back