IEM/Ear Plugs

twiztedjoker

Hi guys, I've recently placed an order for a set of Future Sonics Atrios IEM's. Now, I would like to know if there's anything I need to take note of? I.E where not to connect to/sweat getting into the IEM's/volume levels etc.

On a seperate note, does anyone know where i can find good custom moulded ear plugs? Or ear plugs that don't block out all the wrong decibels when i'm playing? (I'm a drummer)

maybe u can try jaben altho its not really earplugs more like ear molds of IEMs lol. i think generally iems are like any earphones. dun pull it out of your ear via the wires, dun swing the buds, dun drop on floor, keep the buds clean cos its all the way inside the canal.

yeah Jaben does earmolds of IEM's. I did a quick google search and a molded earplug would set me back by quite a bit. Thinking of heading down to Drum Resources to grab a pair of westone ones. Can't be that bad, the boys there created the UM2's :D

Atrios are nice, but there are many other outstanding IEMs available too. Drop by Jaben and give everything an audition, gotta love that place.

Do not limit yourself!

I'm a drummer too. My bro (he plays guitar) and I are both using Etymotic ER-20 ear plugs as well as Etymotic ER6i IEMs (both have the same design). They cut down on the volume but preserve the diff frequencies better. They don't cut out the high frequencies like other earplugs, for example foam. Highly recommended.

Hung Brothers at Sim Lim Square used to sell them. Alternatively u can get them from amazon.com and have it shipped back via vpost if you're ordering other stuff at the same time. It's quite a lot cheaper that way.

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. Yeah I'm getting myself a pair of Etymotic earplugs, got a lobang and guess it's more convenient, plus the feedback's pretty good. Bro drumandbass, drop me pm if you're interested I can pass the contact for the Atrios to you. Cheers!

Back