iBrew Challenge 2007 (Beer related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

edder

It’s the time of the year again. $10 for a beer orgy, what more can you wish for? Beer are brewed locally and some are REALLY good. Mark your calendars 30th June 2007!

An eye opener on the local home brewing scene as well as the quality of beer that you can make at home.

Btw I’d be submitting at least 2 brews for the competition but I know you don’t wanna know that.

ALL ARE WELCOME !
Main Sponsor : iBrew Marketing
Date : 30th June 2007, Saturday
Time : 12pm - 5pm Entrance Fee : $10 (FOR MEN ONLY)

Free Entrance for ladies and children
Beer Competition : $5 per entry
Venue : (same place) East Coast Parkway Area E2, next to East Coast Food Centre and Sailing Club. Here is the map:

Challengemap.gif

Activites : Brewing Competition, Drinking competition, Beer Quiz, Family Day.
What to bring : Homebrewed beer which you like to share. We have a beer Station which is a collection of all crafted beer. Take this opportunity to share and learn from one another. Otherwise, iBrew will be the main sponsor for free-flowing beers!
What to Expect : All sorts of beer brewed in Singapore. Food provided. Soft drinks or water for non-drinkers.

Brewing Competition
Categories : Lager & Ale
All entires must be submitted in bottles. Submit 2 bottles per entry in each category. Leave bottles unmarked.
Submission cut off time : 1:30pm
Judging Starts : 2:00pm
Annoucement of winners : 4pm
Winners in each category will receive trophy & up to $300 worth of prizes.
Runner-ups of each category will receive trophy & up to $100 worth of prizes.
Lucky Draw : If you stay till the end. There will be a lucky draw prizes. ONLY to be collected personally at 5 pm. So please stay around.

FAQs

Why is there an entrance fee this year?
Last year we had volunteers and food provided by our forum members. This year we want everybody to enjoy themselves. Food and services will be provided. Women and children remains free!

Do I need to register in advance for the competition?
No. Just submit on the day.

Why charge $5 per entry?
Well, seeing some judges' face cringed last time, I was afraid nobody wants that job anymore. Nay, seriously I think people who feel that their beer deserve a shot should not let a small fee deter them.

Why do I need to submit 2 bottles?
There will be 2 rounds of judging. First round, half of all entries will be eliminated. Second round, the winner and runner-up will be chosen.

What type of bottles should I use?Glass or PET bottles. All bottles must have labels removed. Bottles must not be larger than 1 Litre in size. No kegs, TAD or any other form of dispensers.

Can I bring my friends?
Everybody is welcome to join in. Invitation will be sent via email. Please foward the invitation to anyone who is interested. All beer serving at our Beer Station is FREE.

Do I need to chill my beer?
Sufficent ice buckets will be provided for bottles & TAD.

Can I bring my kegged beer ?
Yes. Draft boxes provided.

Who are the judges?
Professional brewers.

What is the purpose of this event?
The promote the interest of homebrewing and make friends and have a great afternoon.

How many entries can I submit?
As many as you like.

Raymond
iBrew

thanks for the info. i will lock this thread now before we all keep thinking about beer and forget to play music.

edder, good luck to your competition.

:drinkers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back