ibanez ts7 or guyatone OD2+

teleplayer

okay guys, i need your help.... I can't decide which one to buy.... I will go down to brah basah to try but I need some of you guy's opinions. I want to use an overdrive as a standalone and a booster for my ds-1(mij one).. as a standalone, I prefer it to be more heavy... so can someone help me?

AND is the guyatone od2+ like 100plus minus?

Thanks in advance!! :D

Based from my experience live on stage, I would suggest these pedals:

1. Digitech Bad Monkey - hands down. One of the cheapest good sounding pedals in the market. I've tried this live as a stand alone and it really delivers tight/ warm sound. Also very good in boosting another OD/ Distortion pedal. Just try it... very nice.

2. Fulltone Fulldrive II MOSFET - Might be out of your budget but... trust me... this is awesome. True-bypass, built in boost... warm, singing sustain... :) I used this several times as a standalone OD live.

3. Danelectro Transparent Overdrive - I haven't tried this is in a loud setting but it also delivers nice tones for a cheap price. They say this is a Timmy Clone but I don't care... with the Bass knob, it can also get heavy blues sound. For $36, you can never go wrong with this pedal.

4. Boss OD3 - This is an under rated Overdrive pedal! This is s000o Fat sounding drive but doesn't fart! :p Totally fantastic. I use this as a stand alone drive though instead of boost...

5. Boss SD-2 - Double sound in one compact pedal. This can get in to metal territory and TS09 as well...

....and many more....

okay guys, i need your help.... I can't decide which one to buy.... I will go down to brah basah to try but I need some of you guy's opinions. I want to use an overdrive as a standalone and a booster for my ds-1(mij one).. as a standalone, I prefer it to be more heavy... so can someone help me?

but to just simply choose between the two, I would definitely get the Ibanez TS7. I think it's just a cheaper version of the TS-9 but with the added HOT switch that doubles the gain. Very nice for a stand alone drive
. :)

i'd suggest the danelectro cool cat dirt pedals.

jskadiang, he has a strict no second hand policy. -.-

not because I don't want.... haha. because of some reasons.. anyway, i saw the od2+ today at blackwood and i was gassing like !@#$%^ but in the end, I went with the bad monkey.. haha(no $$$$). it was really great. i m addicted to bad monkey already.. the ds-1 is gonna collect dust! Haha. Anyway, thanks guys for your opinion. gassing for a better od... probably OD2+ haha.

not because I don't want.... haha. because of some reasons.. anyway, i saw the od2+ today at blackwood and i was gassing like !@#$%^ but in the end, I went with the bad monkey.. haha(no $$$$). it was really great. i m addicted to bad monkey already.. the ds-1 is gonna collect dust! Haha. Anyway, thanks guys for your opinion. gassing for a better od... probably OD2+ haha.

Don't tell me you bought your Bad Monkey new in Swee Lee? :p

Guys here are selling it for $50-70 in mint condition...

hehe, no offence ok, i aint too serious...had a laugh over your excitement on new pedal.

1) Bad monkey just gotten, but looking for better OD? Whats bad bout the bad monkey?

2) Original intention was a OD to use as standalone and boost to DS-1, but DS1 gonna collect dust?

3) Saw the OD2, but went to get bad monkey? What happen there.

heh, gassing is always a good thing as long wallet can sustain it. Rock on, djung djung dung
img]

hehe, no offence ok, i aint too serious...had a laugh over your excitement on new pedal.

1) Bad monkey just gotten, but looking for better OD? Whats bad bout the bad monkey?

2) Original intention was a OD to use as standalone and boost to DS-1, but DS1 gonna collect dust?

heh, gassing is always a good thing as long wallet can sustain it. Rock on, djung djung dung http://soft.com.sg/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif/img][/QUOTE]

I think[I] teleplayer's[/I] really confused. HAHAH... I don't think he even read my first post. Oh well.... :)

heh, gassing is always a good thing as long wallet can sustain it. Rock on, djung djung dung http://soft.com.sg/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif/img][/QUOTE]

1) as in, it's not bad but yeah you know, if i look for a better od doesn't mean that bad monkey isn't good one haha.

2) yup my original intention was to boost and standalone.. but I didn't really know how the thing sound like until i tried it.. haha

3) I stated in my last post... because I ain't got enough money =((

haha i will satisfy my next gas the next school holiday.. and now I will study like 12345 haha :mrgreen:

Thanks dudelove for recommending me the bad monkey before I bought it.
Thanks kernelspy for recommending me the bad monkey after I bought it. (i'm serious.) This makes me love the pedal even more.

Last edited:
I did read.. haha. but i left my house at 12+.. so didn't read it before I got my pedal.. sry.

Don't tell me you bought your Bad Monkey new in Swee Lee? :p

Guys here are selling it for $50-70 in mint condition...

ya ...... i bought from sweelee...

Back