Ibanez Toneblaster X

bigblackbear

a few days back, i was at swee lee testing (more like playing around) with some guitars. and unlike the past visits where they usually plug the guitar in to a roland cube or some laney SS amp, they plugged it into an Ibanez toneblaster X(15 watt version).

TBX15R.gif

i played a bit on the clean channel and ditched it cause it sucks.
changed to to the overdriven channel, maxed the gain, cut down on the mids and that baby screamed metal! :twisted:

i was blown away by the sound (taking in mind that this is an entry level 15 watt SS amp that cost about $150)...

i didn't really have much time to try the amp in detail, but anyone has any other comments/experience on this amp?

i own a toneblaster, and its an above average amp, well for mine, not the X version, it has nice cleans, but i agree, the tone blaster has a nice crunchy tone to it

I've the toneblaster 65watt amp and it's good
very nice distortion. The clean tone is good too

the TBX series are the upgraded TB models which could be hits/ misses but in my books, but they are definite hits when one relies on default amp overdrive instead of doing pedals. i'd recommend you get the 35W version as it sounds more appealing drive-wise. you shouldn't invest in this amp for cleans.

If you want something good in both cleans and heavy distortion, my vote would go to the 100-watter. I've used Ibanez Toneblaster 100H half-stacks at Stone Jamz studio and they're very nice. I don't even have to use pedals. And I play stuff ranging from cleans to overdrive to metal. So yeah, 100-watt Toneblaster gets my vote. The multiple channels is a great asset especially if you use both a clean and a distorted tone in one song.

If you want something good in both cleans and heavy distortion, my vote would go to the 100-watter. I've used Ibanez Toneblaster 100H half-stacks at Stone Jamz studio and they're very nice. I don't even have to use pedals. And I play stuff ranging from cleans to overdrive to metal. So yeah, 100-watt Toneblaster gets my vote. The multiple channels is a great asset especially if you use both a clean and a distorted tone in one song.

your 100 watt amp is it with the 4X12 cab?
ever tried that with Boss GT 10 pedal b4?

Because I've tried my toneblaster TBX65R with boss GT 10 and it sucks

Back