i got an unexpected call

Jugman

today i had a call. it was from a lady.
she told me that she was from the Ministry of Manpower or something like that (i didnt catch which ministry) and wanted to talk about a thread i made.

this thread to be exact: http://soft.com.sg/forum/musicians-bands-wanted/73662-we-need-bassist.html

she asked if i knew the legal working age and asked what kind of gigs we play at, i.e, at bars and pubs or something.
i replied that we'll play anywhere the gig is held at.

she kept saying that its not advised to hire someone under the legal working age of 18 and such. and kept saying that some people advertise to they could meet people and do some nasty stuff to them (if you know what i mean).

so then i said that we're only looking for a bassist, and that the band members are still in school (plus we got better things to do than go look for people to do nasty stuff on). and then finally i told her, that i clearly stated that we wanted someone possibly around the age of 18.

she then kept quiet and asked for my name. then said take care and hung up.

i don't get it.
i posted at the right section.
i clearly stated the ideal age that we wanted.
what did i do wrong?

did any of you softies ever had a call like this?

I don't see anything wrong in being a musician below 18. If the government finds fault in this, I'd say they're really screwed up. I think you've been had... Most likely a prank call.

You'd been punked!

Damn, if the government does things like this, I swear I will get 4 other people and protest outside the istana!

haha empihsrow, 4 only? get more la!

anyway i'm convinced that this is a prank.
just my luck.
me of all people.
during my lunch some more.

damn, who's got free time to do something like this?

hm.. oh. yeah. right.

well in the media age we live in, this kind of problems do exist and it's good to hear that something is being done to curb with this problem.. (IF THIS THING IS REALLY TRUE LA) haha.. but i think the MDA and some authorities do check this things out eh.. u'd never know

i guess it's a case of mistaken identity for the most part...or prank calls as many have said.. well people have hidden agendas and u may never know what they wanna do with you...

my mate received a pm from some 24 year old guy living in amk asking for her email/hp number on the first pm just for a jam but i find it quite suspicious when the other guy don't state what he plays, nor does he have evidence that he has other musicians with him (bassist guitarist whatever forms a band)..

yeah quite scary.. haha but then again u dunno if that other guy is sincerely honest to jam or simply wanna screw you.. yeah.. word of caution, just be extra careful when meeting strangers... bring extra friends when "trying" out for bands or whatnot... yeah power in numbers is not always so bad...

my 0.02...

*not flaming to anyone but if ur pm'ing people, please state ur intentions clearly rather then beating around the bush and putting in not so funny "sexual" comments*

woohoo.. lets make the government metal!!!! \m/
ahaha, imagine they research about the local scene until they find that metal has been injected into their blood and leave them desperate for more..

ok, that was all bullcrap, i dont know what im thinking

hey bro..its a prank call...cos u left your fone number on that thread which u shouldnt have...should have only left your e-mail...MOM doesnt have time to see forum pages unless your topic stirs up some controversy...:

cheers!

you got 2 options, you can either tell the woman to F off, or you can do it nicely

this is singapore, not north korea. we are not obliged to answer to anybody except the law. the more people don't realise this right, the more it will be violated

and there is another possibility, which is someone is doing a fine punk of making you scared like a little girl :mrgreen:

i'm with ikilledkenny!
let's make the government metal!

haha well i told her off nicely and i can sense that she was out of words when i told her that i clearly stated the age. hahaha

Back