I am being followed

Jugman

ever realised that whenever you step into some shops, the shopkeepers would tail you around like a vulture, waiting for you to ask them for something?
i realised lately that this usually happens in singapore and not malaysia or some other countries i've been. not that there aren't in other countries.

just now i went to this shop, lets keep the name private, and the guy kept following me around although there were lots of other people in the shop. i mean, why me? do i look like a criminal?

so i just minded my own business, listening to my mp3, retending not to see him. there was a dead end, so i turned around and looked him in the eyes. his look was saying,"what do you want, boy?". i said what i would always say when this happens to me,"just looking." then i left the shop.

why, oh why do you HAVE to follow people around? don't you have other things to do? i like the shops at malaysia better. the shopkeepers mind their own business and come to you only when you call them. though there are some who walks around the shop, but at last they don't follow you.

Actually, some malaysian shopkeepers do follow you around, but yes, i hate these 'shadows'. The only way to lose them is to ask them about something they don't have then after that they'll leave you alone....

haha that's easy. they only know the answer to this question: do have another piece?

other than that, they'll be clueless.

i'm a part time sales assistant and most of the time i stalk groups of teenagers... but not directly lah . happened so many time before that they will cut the wrappers or packaging and the camera could do nothing cos they would be long gone.

I think they are just trying to be helpful(customer service), but in a creepy stalking way.
And dude, I think you posted in the wrong sub-forum?

Naz

ouh. i definitely love the in-ear models. i got this creative brand one. very good. i don't really go for expensive ones actually. as long as i can hear everything clearly, it's fine by me

Jugman, you got to work in a retail environment to understand why. Reason - THE BOSS told them so!

Ok, dont worry, if you dont want them to follow you around, just tell them so. I am sure they will accede to your request.

yea i did worked at one. Alvron Mediaworks. the boss didn't tell me to stalk them. heheh

i was surprised when the thread name was changed. haha then the subforum changed also.
i didnt post it at music kopi-tiam cos i thought it's supposed to be about the scene and music in general..

haha sorry bro

you worked at alvron?its a more of a jamming place than a guitar shop.so cant stalk anybody.

alvron is a jamming studio what... my band used to jam there all the time.
n why is there a need to stalk the customers there??

but its just down a small alley.

i like the 3rd room.got better equipment back then.dont think so now.

ya thats why i dont follow the customers. i come to them when they call me.

yea 3rd room's spacious. but i don't like the quality la. every few minutes, there'll be something wrong with the amps. then i have to go there and rack my brains on how to fix it

hmm yea true. but i think the worst people are those who leave the mics on the floor, spilling drinks and putting the volumes all to the max.
the boss scold me. i tell them to soften up. they do nothing.
sigh.

Don't ask me why, but when I realised I'm being 'followed' I'll just get out of the shop without looking much. Hahah, guess I'm paiseh in front of strangers trying to 'help' me..

Back