Hybrid picking

chimaera

Well am learning hybrid picking n yeah it suits my style, question: Am slowly learning Eric Johnsons, Eric Clapton songs, the solo, n most parts of the songs ill end up playing w hybrid picking, although i can opt to play alternate picking as well, i mean will it be 'cheating' if i play by hybrid picking? I think coz am more used to playing without a pick then when i incorporate pick hybrid picking becomes quite ok for me. Of course there are parts like say playing heavy riffs that ill use all pickin but for quite a bit of it ill use hybrid.

Its YOUR style. no one got the right to change you what. like what you've said =]. Anyway just play lah, no 'right or wrong' way to play guitar. as long as u happy can liao ^^

well am getting the hang of it,.. real kewl tho... trying to make a trademarrk style outta it tho... Almost finished learning cliffs of dover, hehehe now making it more fluid and with more expression and finesse.
N yeah I love Eric Johnson, apparently my noodling around without guide books has brought my style of playing close to his style although a little,.. hehehe. Hes one of the most underrated players of all time,.. his the Baron Von Tone hehehe

I think one powerful feature of hybrid picking (for non-classical players at least) is the ability to do polyphonic melodies.

Meaning play 2 or more melodies at the same time...and that's somethings shredders can't do (or very very hard to do).

You wanna "trade mark" a certain style of hybrid picking? You should listen to a variety of stuff to give you ideas.

Eric Johnson...(definitely!), Jeff Beck (most definitely!)...

add some classical music to it....try John Williams.

Latest posts

Back