Humbucker wiring question

RyanZ

Dear all, I just got my Seymour Duncan SH-4 and I looking at the ways to wire etc coil split. Any recommendation? BTW the pup I bought is for bridge.

Last edited:
you go it first-hand eh?

hey do you know what's the difference between neck and bridge humbuckers?
i seriously wanna get this humbucker from someone for my bridge but he said it's a neck humbucker. i don't know the difference. care to share?

Hi, the difference between neck and bridge is the resistance values. Yup. I got it at Davis.

yea i'm getting a duncan distortion sh-6 from someone to put it one my bridge. he said he got a neck one so i just wanna know what the differences will be

heh, even if swap the bridge and neck pickup position, both wont sound as big different to totally altering the sound..

the position of the pickup on the body itself in relation to the strings tension over it is one of the main factor which give us the bridge and neck sound...

some people interchange and and like bridge pickup in neck position and vice versa.

For a HSH guitar, the most useful wiring would be splitting the humbuckers in positions 2 and 4. Most Ibanez HSH guitars are wired that way. Strat-like tones in the 2 and 4 positions. However, for hum cancelling with the middle pickup, you'll have to know the polarity of the stock pickups.

For a HSH guitar, the most useful wiring would be splitting the humbuckers in positions 2 and 4. Most Ibanez HSH guitars are wired that way. Strat-like tones in the 2 and 4 positions. However, for hum cancelling with the middle pickup, you'll have to know the polarity of the stock pickups.

Bro, so I wire my new humbucker the same way Ibanez wired the stock ones? Good enough?

Back