How to create sound patch

Schon

Hi!
Ive purchased a 2nd hand Casio VZ1 recently. Ive studied piano, played guitar &
now plays keyboards & guitars. At present, Im only using the factory presets. It is so troublesome to edit the sounds & Ive been studying the manual until everythings a blur. Is there any universal sound editing sofware which I could link my synth to the PC & drag & drop sound patches? I appreciate any help & suggestions. Getting a sound module is out of the question as ive already out of limbs carrying a guitar, efex board & a synth to gigs.

Hi. Importing sounds into PC for editing is not possible unless the keyboard itself supports it. And that's a definite impossibility with the Casio VZ1 seeing that it's a real vintage keyboard.

Before venturing into editing patches, perhaps the question to ask is: what sound patches are you looking for or what you are trying to get from editing. If you're new to synths and editing, it's easier to get a better (and not so ancient) synth/keyboard with factory patches that you find useful.

Do you play guitar and synth at the same time???

Hi,
Thanx for the feedback.. so the next best thing for me is to get a sound module & use my Synth as a controller, isnt it?
Yes, I alternate between keyboards & guitars.. & sing too, heheh. We do alot of Purple,Rainbow & Iron Maiden covers so, I most of the time Im on keys for Puple & guitars for Maiden.

Yes, a sound module is an option. But so is a new synth. If you want to eventually experiment with patch editing, it's easier to do so with a synth than a module. The VZ1 is also limited in its function as a controller although it does have 3 wheels and aftertouch.

Im considering Korg X50. Its light & thin, almost like a toy..so it wont break my back.. & the bank.. what do you think?

Back