How to Actually record Edrum..?

murderdolls

Hey fellow friends out there...i know this type of question has already been answered many times...but still.., i dont really understand that much about it..as we each have our own edrum..some different brands..and so on.. My electronic drumset brand is " Medeli dd506 ".. And i have a laptop.. and now.. What do i need to buy or get to record my edrum? Cable..interface..etc..~

Any help would be appreciated...thanks..

I think you can just use a USB cable to connect it to your computer, then use a recording software to record it. A free software is audacity.

You can also get a midi interface and hook the drumset to your computer through midi, and by using EZ drummer software you can change the sound of the drums after it is recorded.

My edrum doesn't have the USB port...only Midi and Audio port...So what cable should i nid to buy to record...

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy an audio interface/midi interface with a midi in if you want to record midi into your computer to trigger software like EZ drummer.

Buying an audio interface with 2 combo trs/xlr jack will also allow you to record the sound directly from your e-drum's brain.

haha or the easiest way is to use an audio cable to connect into the headphone out jack of the drum module, into the input of your computer/laptop.

Back