How Loud Blackheart BH5H and BH112 Half Stack?

Kimmi

Hey guys,

I'm looking out for an amp which is loud but has a good tone to it.

Priority would be its must be loud because i would be using it for jamming sessions with drums and would want it to be drown out by the drums but also a good tone to it.

Blackhearts seems to have the tone thing going on but i'm kind of confuse on the whole 5watt.

Does higher watt =louder amp?

I have a marshall 50 watt avt50...so i need another amp to match that "loudness".

From the reviews i'm reading its says the BH5H though its a 5 watt,its very loud.I'm pretty confuse with terms like
1.Head
2.Cabs
3.1x12
4.4x12
5.watts
6.120v
7.4-, 8-, and 16-ohm Speaker Outs
8.Solid State Rectifier
9.Pentode (5W)/Triode (3W) Switch

If there is already a thread to adress this topic,i apologise for opening this thread .Do show me the link to adress this topic,if there is one already.

Hope to learn more on amps.Thanks!!

sometimes, we judge loudness by the amp's wattage which isn't the true picture. my 7w Sound Drive amp here is connected to a 4x12 cab & it's loud...

sound+drive+tube+seven+with+rg+and+pedals.JPG

meaning,if i got the BH5H with a 4x12 cab..it would be as loud as a marshall avt50 50 watt?

haha,i'm very new to all this..

finding for an amp that can suffice for a jamming session.loud and good tone amp..I'm looking into blackhearts because i'm not looking into high gain amps but for warmth and tonality which i heard BH,orange and vox delivers.

would a BH5H and BH112 Half Stack be good to do the job?

wattage and loudness(decibel) is not represented in linear format/manner. If you wanna find out more and in depth, google for wattage and loudness, theres quite a bit of info on it. Most will be in technical explaination coz thats the only way to gauge it scientifically without into all the "magik/mojo" talk bout it

For the non technical way, whether can a 5 watt amphead with 1x12 cab(half stack usually is 4x12' cab) used for jamming, that, imho depend on the venue of jamming, the type of music played and how well can the rest of the people on their respective instrument, control the dynamics.

If everyone also wanna pump and rock out, heh, nothing is enough. If everyone watch for each other and depending on the music style, 5 watt toob amphead and that 1x12 speaker is enough for some

and for wattage and loudness, here is what i found from one of the info within google search

http://www.amptone.com/g112.htm

haha,pretty confusing notes but i think I kind of understand..

ahhh...mmmm..

jamming place wise,its a room.

so a BH5H and the BH112 Half stack is good to go?

the maths really messes with my mind.

but i really appreciate all your inputs..thank you!

to put it simply- loud isn't about big figures. it helps to hear the amp in action personally. if you are not in any position to deliver projection to a stadium size crowd/ coverage, you don't need a high wattage amp. a good 50W combo would do fine in small venues. also, small wattage amps sound more commanding if they are attached to at least a 2x12 cab; a 1x12 extension would deliver loudness but it won't quite out-volume the drums :cool:

haha,definitely not looking for an amp for stadium size crowds..haha

well,my heart seem set on a BH5H which i don't really know why but u mean any 2x12 or 4x12 can be paired up with the BH5H?

any recommendation sub for an amp,forget the blackheart,any amps you would recommend me for my current seach?

budget around $600?no need for hi gain...rock,indie genre amps...

i'm a big fan of ur review blog www.theguitaraddict.blogspot.com..

Back