Help Please [Guitar]

evohermit

hey guys
I am here to tell you that i need a guitar...metal/rock sound guitar with a mahogany body thats suitable for metal
Please tell me those that are below 500 dollars range.Thanks!:D

i love the s series of ibanez and the mick thompson shape of the guitar.

Any reccomendations?
PLEASE TELL ME THE PLACES/LINKS FOR THE PRODUCT......AND PRICE 2

get a second hand epiphone.not every ibanez out there are mahogany but they can still play metal.

hey guys
I am here to tell you that i need a guitar...metal/rock sound guitar with a mahogany body thats suitable for metal
Please tell me those that are below 500 dollars range.Thanks!:D

i love the s series of ibanez and the mick thompson shape of the guitar.

Any reccomendations?
PLEASE TELL ME THE PLACES/LINKS FOR THE PRODUCT......AND PRICE 2

To point out my man,

There is no such things as guitar's suitable for metal/rock sound..

I use my gibson to play metal, you dont need a V or a warlock to produce metal/hard rock tones..

Other factors such as EQing your amp, pedals, etc would play a part.

( Yes, pickups and wood of guitar would affect the sound too. )

( You're probably looking for active pickups too? Passive and active pickups do differ. Do some research first. )

If you're really looking for unique designs, try ranking music and sports and bras basah complex or music theme at peninsula plaza for Dean Guitar Models.

Not to your liking, Try G77 for schecters, Davis Guitars for Warlocks,

Or if you want anybody to bring in other guitars at a good price contact brendon at www.bgwguitars.com

I guess you are looking for a heavy, "crushing" tone. Yea mahogany is a great wood. At that budget your selection is very limited though, but yes Ibanez S series is probably what you want, more or less. If you do not mind rounder necks maybe you can look at Epiphone as well

I think only Swee Lee would carry S series at that price range, do have a look at their showrooms, and remember to bargain as much as you can (aim for 40% off at least)

You might need AT LEAST around $100+ bucks more to get a brand new S series Ibanez or all its other derivatives (S, SA, SZR, SV).

Last edited:
S470 great guitar, great bridge in it ,the Zero Resistance,stock pickups I'm not too sure, had EMGs in my previous one.

Great neck for shredding and stuff but do take note its a 22 fret guitar, so you might have some problems playing stuff which requires 24 frets. The guitar is also EXTREMELY light but plays like butter too!

yes mahogany! it sure gives u the kinda thick heavy sound.

if u're looking at the body wood that suits ur budget, u can try ibanez's RG321HM thats retailling ard 480 at standard value. and if brand is not a main concern with u, u can also check out the rally guitars offered there too. they come at a good price for mahogany bodied guitars. a neck tru maho body superstrat wit floyd rose cost 499. quite a competitive price i guess.

but i would say, with the right efx, amp and eq (and pickups) used, u would still be able to get that kinda metal sound.

just my 2 cents.

cheers =)

Back