help! piano problem

uzzo88

hi i have a piano with sticky keys? how do i rectify this ? and if i were to call in a tuner? whats the market price?

if i'm not wrong, a tuner would cost you 100++ and a hell lot of knocking on the inside of your piano. That's what i heard from my classmates who have pianos at home...

tuning of the piano will range from $50-$100 plus around there.. depending on who you call.. as said by arthur.. get polishes or cleaners or just use a cloth to wipe the keys straight after u play the piano. that will help i believe.

sticky keys means the keys dont bounce back after you hit them?

i had this problem before and after having a piano technician come in to repair it a few times, my dad and me experiment it ourselves.

basically the problem could be caused by humidity. the wood expend and rub against the key next to it. we use some sand paper and file off where the rubbing occurs.

* i am not saying this IS your situation. best solution is still to enlist the service of a piano technician. piano teacher should have some recommendation as to who you can get.

Hilo, sticky keys as said earlier is due to the fact of high humidity of your piano, the most important is, is your heater on? this prevents the inside of the piano to get too humid. And, calling a piano technician can be about a 100 dollars. If u need one, just pm me. hoped it helped

yes, sticky keys mean that the keys are stuck once it's pressed ... and it doesn't mean that surface needs to be cleaned =)

anyway, make SURE that the heater is one all the time ...
cuz it's the one that regulate the temperature...

if ur heater is not on, or not on for a period of time, try switching on for 2-3 days and see whether the problem is fixed

if it's too bad and not fixed yet, you need to call in a piano technician, and believe me it'll cost more than 50-100 dollar (a good technician of course, dun go to the bad one, can't trust piano to just anyone) because 50-100 dollar is the fee for TUNING only, which means, they only do tuning for the piano. If you want him to do anything else for you, the technician will usually charge differently, e.g. toning the piano's hammer ...

how about transport services? can you guys reccomend me the affordable ones? i play guitar and my uncle is giving me his piano as he is going away.

Back