Hearing protection

rock-fied

Hey guys. Do any of u happen to know where one can purchase earmuffs for hearing protection? Jamming is gradually reducing my hearing :( .

Just get earplugs. Peace(?) Center, Basement, in front of Mcdonalds. $1.60 for a pair. Squish em and plug in you ears and let it expand. Best $1.60 I've spent.

katmari_earmuffs.jpg

:D

Lol, erm then I dunno where to get them.

hey there, try the etymotic research ER-20 ear plugs at Hung Brothers, Sim Lim square. $25 a pair - i know its like, 10 time more expensive than regular plugs but they are definitely more than 10 times better. they attenuate volume but preserve clarity, great for jamming and even going to gigs etc. not as uncomfortable / weird as normal ear plugs, once you break them in after wearing them a few times.

headphone/earmuff style protectors generally just attenuate volume but don't preserve clarity - you'll be overcompensating certain frequencies and may end up having a really crap guitar sound, not to mention your bandmates will start to complain and whine about how come your guitar suddenly sounds like crap.

OR find an army surplus store and buy the old model SAF earplugs - the white ones, not the yellow ones with the blue connecting string. They don't cut out as much of the highs as the foam plugs and don't cost much.

hey bro , you can go lavender ( the one which sell army stuff one )
they sell many good earplugs for like about 3 bucks you can get a good 3M one

3M.jpg

Back