(HDB) Home studio?

Pakerdee

Anybody has a home (recording?) studio in a HDB?

Wonder how much to sound-proof etc.

Thinking of converting/using living room as jamming studio!

An expensive drumset will sound great, but a low-budget drumset doesn't mean it will sound completely bad. If it's decent enough, it's decent enough.

Anyway, as for the mics, it's probably tucked away in some corner of the room somewhere.

the crash sounds like crap and the snare sounds like a gun shot. but the rest sound good. not saying it's bad to have a budget drumset, just that they could use more decent equipment. the RT isnt a recording set.

erm tany , i think you need to chill abit. I've recorded one of the worst drumsets ever (www.blueprintstudios.org - 20 dischanger - solitary's drums is a carlos drumset with stock skins , spent 4 hours tuning it and carlos / paiste 203 series cymbals) and recently beat my own record, some drums with paiste 101 cymbals in a 3m by 3m bedroom. haha. even the crash stand is a "video cam tripod" . super budget personal studio of some 14 year old's.

not everyone can afford a killer drumset to record. but if it's audible and most importantly the band likes it, it's okay right? hahah. besides i'm friends with this purplepaige guy, he just started/new.

lepak : haha icic. must be user friendly i guess.

haha nono i'm not uptight or unchilled hehe. cos i also have that drumset and i feel that it lacks smth lah. just a practice kit, not really for recording. but as i said, everything else was fine except the snare and cymbals.

great job guys!!

hey blueprint, and the people @ paige...
i look @ the stuff that you have... and i remember that's how i started too... out of my bedroom, with my adat xt... then my tascam 428... then it became logic 4 into my first imac... and soon gearlust took over my life. recording gear ate up my room. and soon it took up the utility room also...

today i've got a commercial facility. but i still look back and know for a fact that i needed to start somewhere. and it looks like u guys have got a whole lot more than when i started...

=)

keep doing what you are doing! and don't let the passion die out...

starfish : hahaha, I started out with an amd 200mhz 64mb ram, and a sanyo cassette tape recorder and sndrec32.exe (windows sound recorder) , "it looks like u guys have got a whole lot more than when i started..." I should be the one saying this!!

a good drmset with bad recording techniques will still be a bad sound in the end. so it's not the drumset, it's how u make it up in the mix at the end of the day.

and if u own a studio and take pictures for ur mypsace, do u want to really to mic up the drums for presentation? it's about good looks and presentation, it's a make believe world. why bother so much?

and have u recorded to say the drum is bad?

Back