Having problem installing Audio Driver . Help please !!

JaarVis.

alright . my laptop's brand and model is Compaq Presario V3000 .
i had to go to SP to do some self certification in order to use the wireless and all. and so i did. but encountered hell lotsa problems. then i went the 2nd time and there were still problems but it all went fine . UNTIL , the person told me he is not able to install the audio driver. i went home and tried . i re-downloaded from Compaq web . and when i click the setup , and when the install is about to start , the whole window just disappears . only that Audio driver installion setup window. yea. i tried again and again . it doesnt help . now ive been goin to school without sound on my laptop . and i really dont knw what to do about it . they asked me to go back tml , thursday . but im having flag day . and moreover , sch's starting on monday . and im kinda like panicking already .help me pleasseee ! thanks for viewing ! =)

It's a HDA Intel with Conexant codec, running on ICH 7 chipset. There shouldn't be any problem since it's as standard as it gets - I have the same laptop. Chances are the XP installation is borked or a previous driver didn't get removed cleanly. Wait, is it even XP? Check, it may just be Vista. Just go back and maybe they'll restore or reinstall Windows. You can download a Linux LiveCD for the meantime if you really need sound.

Take note, you have to install the UAA first and then the Conexant.

Last edited:
its XP Pro . ahh. everytime i go back , it takes around 4 hours and then i could leave. i dont wanna go again man. damn. ahh. how do i know if the previous driver was not removed cleanly ?

nope, like what guttaralpiss said, it's most likely the UAA bus driver thingy. I have 2 Compaq V3000 (free from starhub) one intel core2duo one amd turion , you need to install the UAA first then install the audio last. if still cannot despite a reinstall. then most likely hardware..

Back