Guitar amp repair shop

Syazinho

hey do you guys know places that repair guitar amps? One day while I was jammin in my room, there was a loud exploding kind of sound came from the amp. Got it repaired immediately from an electrical hardware shop. They managed to fix it but only lasted for 2 weeks before the same thing happen. I'm using a Marshall JCM 2000 - DSL 401 tube amp. Anyone knows what maybe the cause of the problem and places where I can get them fixed?

I suspect loose tubes but I'm no repairman so don't quote me.

Can bring down to Guitar Connection. Usually they would assess the amp and quote you before they start repairing.

hmm. have you encountered such problem before? Now I can switch on my amp but theres no sound=( but I will bring down to penin soon. Hope the price is reasonable.

Repair

I think your amp needs further investigation. Did you overdrive your amp?
If there is a problem it should not have to wait for 2 weeks to re-occur unless it is a overload problem thats nearly to burst. If you have not already gotten someone to investigate, I could do it.

@cmtan got it sent and fixed at sound alchemy. Apparently all 8 tubes in my amp has expired. hahaha Bought it 4 years ago but never changed the tubes before because I didn't know abt the tube's lifespan. Anyway thanks bro.

I hate to tell you that. Tube does not expire. It fails or deteriorate over time.
It's impossible for all 8 tubes to fail at the same time. I have tube amps that has tubes over ten year and they are still working well.

Anyway, it's good that it's fixed.

Back